Can any one help me with this code?

hi to all
please can u help me to find the problems in this program

this program will find the min element in quarter1 of square array and the max element of quarter3 and replace them

q1 , q2
q4 , q3

#include
main()
{
 int a[10][10],i,j,min,max,lmin,lmax,n,m ;
 scanf("%d",&n) ;
 scanf("%d",&m) ;
 for (i=0;i a[i][j] )
   a[i][j]=min ;
   lmin=a[i][j] ;
  for(i=n/2;i 
thank u

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ah, you seem to have messed up the program in many places. I'll indicate the mistakes. Convince yourself that they are wrong..

Lines 10,11,12 are not required. If they are executed, they'll simply assign a[n/2,m/2]
    to be the minimum number, which is not true. Instead, initialise min to a high number. Similarly for lines 18,19,20. Remove them and set max to a small number, say zero at the start.

line 16: It should be min=a[j];

line 17: It should be lmin=min;

line 25: It should be max=a[j];

line 26 is not required.
    there are many more. I'm posting the correct version of this program below.. Check it up.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    #include
    main()
    {
    int a[10][10],i,j,min=99,max=-99,lmin,lmax,n,m ;
    scanf("%d",&n); scanf("%d",&m) ;
    for (i=0;i for (j=0;j scanf("%d",&a[j]) ;
    for(i=0;i for(j=0;j if ( min > a[j] )
    min=a[j];
    lmin=min;
    for(i=n/2;i for(j=m/2;j if ( max < a[j] )
    max=a[j] ;
    lmax=max;
    for(i=0;i {
    for(j=0;j printf("%d\t",a[j] ) ;
    printf("\n") ;
    }
    for(i=0;i for(j=0;j if(a[j]==lmin)
    a[j]=lmax;
    for(i=n/2;i for(j=m/2;j if(a[j]==lmax)
    a[j]=lmin;
    printf("\n\n\n") ;
    for(i=0;i {
    for(j=0;j printf("%d\t",a[j] ) ;
    printf("\n") ;
    }
    }

I've not commented the code as i'm sure you can understand it without trouble.
    Cheers!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello there 😛 myself Rahul from Faridabad, Haryana. I am pursuing b.tech it, 2nd year. i have to do summer training just after the vacations going to be held after...
This group is exclusive for CEans with 500+ posts. Following are the official members of CE Silver Club - The_Big_K ash gohm shalini_goel14 raj87verma88 mayurpathak sauravgoswami crazyboy durga xheavenlyx English-Scared...
Hello Guys, Here i am going to Post Some Topics on that you can give the seminar.. Here i will post the some definition of seminar and some work you...
Hey all, its been quite a while since i last visited CE. The last thing i remember something about CE messenger and now i can't even find it 😔. Please...
You want to get through a security door, where you have to enter 3 digits as password, where each digit can be any from 0 to 9. The checking mechanism...