Can AADHAR card number be misused?

We have an interesting case of the 'AADHAR' challenge. TRAI Chief, Mr. R.S Sharma posted an open challenge on Twitter while sharing his AADHAR number -

#-Link-Snipped-#

Mr. Sharma challenged people to prove that harm can be done to him simply through his AADHAR number. 

Those who do not know what AADHAR is, it's a 12-digit random number provided by the Government of India to be used as identity of the Indian citizens. 

Within minutes of posting his AADHAR number online, the hackers got access to R.S.Sharma's bank account number, a few subscription services, mobile number and a lot of other important personal data including home address and phone number etc. 

HOWEVER

Other twitter users jumped in to 'expose' the 'hackers'. They showed that all the information they posted on the Twitter feed was actually available on the public domain already; and AADHAR wasn't required to get access to that data. 

That leaves us with one question -

Can AADHAR be misused? ðŸ˜® 

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar

Aadhaar is pretty secure and of-course what you share with govt., they are going to use it.

However, here is the thing I don't like- 

"Fingerprint Aadhaar verification at private parties like Jio and Airtel". I may agree to give my finger prints to government but when I asked to give fingerprint to verify indentity. I fear that Airtel might be storing my fingerprint before authenticating through Aadhaar servers.  

However, the misuse is unlikely as the system you use to hack Aadhaar is needs to verify over servers. So where will you run? That's same case, why very less or nill cases of online banking frauds. Most of frauds are international. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello sir I'm Sunil completed my b.tech. in b.tech my percentage/aggregate is very less and further i don't want to study can i get placed in better company even my...
I was thinking about the rotational energy of fan which should i convert into electrical energy . But i also thinking  about it's efficiency and function .Does it make sense...
I want the electronics project ideas which gives solutions for problems that faced by farmers .
Since last few weeks I am noticing some unknown code in js files of my projectI did some google and seems like common problemhttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/50133342/unidentifiable-js-script-in-my-projectAnyone else noticed this?
I am confused between subjects in B.ed. As I am b.tech from computer science and people suggest me to go for m.tech or b.ed plz help me abt subject and...