Can a person from networking profile having 3 yrs exp, get job as software tester?

I am interested in testing as I have thorough knowledge of manual testing and I am planning to do training on selenium with java. I am from computer science background and have knowledge of sdlc also. Concepts are clear I lack handson experience, Will it be possible for me to get job without much hands on experience as a software tester. 

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ - Welcome to CrazyEngineers. Thank you for asking your question with appropriate details.

Your computer science background, experience in networking domain along with knowledge of QA will definitely be useful in switching over to new job. 

For experience, I'd recommend contributing to open source projects on GitHub - make significant contributions to popular projects by reporting bugs and keep a track of it. Your knowledge of manual testing will definitely be useful.

I'd say start with a manual testing job if it's easier to find. You may then volunteer to automate some of the tests and build your experience. 

Let us know if you find this useful. I'm tagging #-Link-Snipped-#‍ and #-Link-Snipped-#‍ to help you with your questions. 

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

You can definitely get a job if you learn selenium and core java, also add some basic level of sql into your skill set. It will be easy! 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As I am studying in central University of Karnataka. I have completed my 6th semester in electronics and communication but still I am searching for internship,can I get the links...
Quote: SiFive's HiFive Unleashed, a development board based on the open-source RISC-V architecture, is getting an upgrade that could attract personal computer developers—and someday even makers and hobbyists—to open-source hardware....
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a reality and the speed at which computers are learning new stuff is mind-boggling. The general thought these days is that the AI (Artificial Intelligence) will...