Buffer Overflow attack

Guys few days ago

I had participated in an online hacking competition organised by kurukshetra university

There was question asked in that level about buffer overflow attack.

After doing some search on google .I was able to crack that level, but i still don't understand actually what exactly it is and how one can avoid it?

can anyone explain me in brief what it is?

Replies

• Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    I have not read it.
    But its given in Galvin OS book.
    You can take its help.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

AKAI TRIO is Triple Sim Mobile has been recently introduced by AKAI Mobiles in India. Now that multi-SIM phones have been a rage in India, TRIO features 3 GSM SIM...
[FONT="]On/Off Control[/FONT] - Suppose a process operator has the task of holding the temperature, T, near the desired temperature, Td, while making sure the tank doesn't overflow or the level...
NASA’s STS 135 will be the last flight by space shuttle Atlantis and it will be on June 28, 2011. The Atlantis is one of the three operational space shuttles...
Put your science elementary books to shredders. Dump all the electrical books in the attic.* The researchers at HP have finally proved the existence of fourth basic fundamental building component...
Saamsung GT-I9003 is the Google Nexus in India. If you haven’t gone through our review of the phone, look at it in our earlier coverage here: Google Nexus S In...