BSNL connectivity issues - can ping but can't browse

I've began facing a strange issue on the BSNL network (FTTH). Some of the sites that I used to access daily (including some of our own test servers) aren't accessible anymore. The interesting thing is that I can ping these servers and get a response, however when I try to access them using browser, I get the following error message:

This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset.

Try:
  • Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
  • Running Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I've already tried altering the DNS but didn't work. I thought the DNS cache could be a problem and cleared it on my machine - still didn't help.

What's working though is accessing these sites using mobile data connection. I can connect to the sites using Jio's mobile network, but that connection isn't useful for all my regular upload and download activities.

I've faced this issue in the past but can't recall the exact way I fixed it. Would really appreciate if someone can help with it. If it's all from BSNL's side, I hope they resolve it.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Are you using Google Chrome ? Did you try another browser ? Which version of browser is it ?
    Can you open chrome://net-internals/ and click on sockets, flush the socket pools and flush cookies dns cache and restart browser and check again.

Additionally you can take tcpdump and trace the packets to find the root cause of the issue.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Thanks. The problem auto-resolved. Looks like BSNL servers go mad at times. But that information is going to be super useful. Thanks!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

well i actually happen to have a trumpet whose valve keys are stuck. on youtube i got to learn that in order to free those valves, i need to purchase...
Just wondering if we have any badminton players in our community. I've been playing badminton for the last one year and I absolutely love it. Maybe we could learn from...
Here's a list of top scorers. Congratulations to everyone who made it to the list. Those who didn't, start preparing for the next one. It's going to be even more...
Quote: To some, this notion will seem ridiculous—but to others, it will seem true beyond doubt. Paul Watson from Sea Shepherd leans toward the latter category, and it’s quite evident...
Thank you for the tremendous response to the Quizzr - our free quizzing platform for everyone. Following is the list of top scorers of Quizzr's Quiz that took place on...