Bose Publishes Quiet Comfort Road Noise Control?

Many professionals in the automotive and technical industries claim that road noise will increase with the advancement of lightweight and electrification of vehicles. Bose plans to use noise-cancelling technology in car interiors.

Bose announced at CES 2019 that it had released a unique Quiet Comfort Road Noise Control (RNC) designed to eliminate vehicle interior noise using automotive electronics. The system uses accelerometers, microphones, vehicle's built-in audio system and patent software for signal processing.

According to the video content, the accelerometer can measure the action and vibration of road noise. Through the audio system, the road noise control technology department emits acoustic elimination signals to help reduce the noise in the cockpit.

John Feng, Manager of Bose Automotive Active Sound Management Program, said: "Noise control is much more difficult in large areas such as car cockpits than in ear areas. However, Bose's road noise reduction technology has reached a certain level, which has opened a gap with other industry counterparts.

Since 2010, the company has been in the position of major automotive companies to provide Engine Harmonic Cancellation (EHC) technology, which is a highly targeted technology to help reduce engine noise. Now, the company has launched a new program to eliminate noise in the cockpit.

Bose plans to deploy the Quiet Comfort RNC system in mass-produced vehicles in 2021, expecting the company to release more information about the technology in the future.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what are the possible results concerning ph, what's the appropriate ph that acid leach of uranium should be done at?
I am  studying BTech 3rd year and my field is Information technology. I am really confused with what to do after completing my BTech since I don't have any knowledge...
hello ! can someone share any kind of project renewable energy for my final year project . I have searching a lot but still i can't get enough with this...
what actually machine learning is.How it is useful to us in reality.Explain with real time example.
i have got good percentage in my 10 and puc with more than 80% and i got just 55% in my engineering i am aftaid that it will affect carrer...