BMW M6 Gran Coupe To Roll Out In India On April 3rd

BMW is set to launch their performance oriented- M6 Gran Coupe in India on 3rd of April. The speedster was first showcased in Detroit motor show (2013), followed by Greater Noida’s Delhi Auto Expo 2014. M6 Gran Coupe is a significant improvement over previous BMW M5. This Coupe is powered by BMW’s Twin technology. It is quicker on acceleration and has an amazing top speed, that can be increased above 300 Km/hr.

M6 Gran Coupe is powered by a 4.4 litre V8 engine with BMW’s Twin Scroll and Twin Turbocharging technology. It produces a power of 560 hp between 6000 to 7000 RPM and generates a torque of 680 Nm between 1500 to 5750 RPM. It also has a 7 speed M double clutch gearbox, which transmits power to the rear wheels.

BMW-M6-Gran-Coupe

Moving on to the other specifications - M6 has a top speed of 250 Km/hr, which can be optionally increased up to 305 Km/hr. Sporting amazing acceleration, this vehicle can reach up to 100 Km/hr from 0 in just 4.2 seconds. BMW claims that M6 will give an average of 10.1 Km in one litre of fuel. Price of this Coupe is expected to be higher than BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe (1.07 crore onwards). The company has stated that it will be brought in India as CBU product (Completely Built Unit).

BMW M6 Gran Coupe has to compete with Audi’s RS 7 which is lesser on engine but quicker on acceleration (requires 3.7 seconds for 0-100 Km/hr). Both produce same power of 560 hp. What is your call on this speedster? Let us know through your comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Definitely this monster is going to make some noise against Audi RS.
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    M6 looks great on roads too.....
    Check spy shots:
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at the Washington State University have demonstrated a new method that can help a computer give advice and teach new skills to other computer - just like a student-teacher...
An Indian IT graduate has developed a new VOIP (Voice over IP telephony) application called “AAWAZ” which enables Android users to call from their mobile phones for free through Internet....
hello friends,I am pursuing M.Sc(IT).I have selected javaFX as seminar topic.I want to know that what is unique thing about javaFX that other techonologies do not provide.and why it was...
'Fire TV', the name's Amazon Fire TV! Amazon's full fledged entry into your leaving room has been officially announced. We kept hearing about Amazon's work on a set top box...
One of our CEans sent this query via contact us form and I decided to answer it here without disclosing the identity of the member. I hv been working wid...