tag For this.But it is not working on Internet Explorer but it is working

on Mozilla.I have also tried it by using CSS ie

h1.para
{text-decoration:blink;}

but this is also not possible on Internet Explorer.Guys Please help me

Replies

• vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Which version of IE are you using? Make sure it support that html version capabilities that you require.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I am using IE 4 .I have tested it on Mozilla and Netscape it is not working only in internet

explorer.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    goyal420
    I am facing problem in displaying blinking text in HTML.I know we have to use

tag For this.But it is not working on Internet Explorer but it is working

on Mozilla.I have also tried it by using CSS ie

h1.para
    {text-decoration:blink;}

but this is also not possible on Internet Explorer.Guys Please help me
    In C we use a timer and a loop to Blink text.
    Going by the same logic, maybe you can implement using Java Script.

I guess IE doesn't support .

PS: I don't know JS.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Thanks Gaurav for giving me a clue.For you guys you can use this now enjoy blinking text in your website with no tension of Internet Explorer😉

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    goyal420
    Thanks Gaurav for giving me a clue.For you guys you can use this now enjoy blinking text in your website with no tension of Internet Explorer😉

Thats working perfectly, buddy!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    But still confused why internet explorer does not support this tag
    as these blinking text are famous in 90's
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    IE 4 is very outdated, IE 8 is recently launched. Most probably, IE 4 uses a older version of html that don't support those things. You might be using updated firefox, coz it updated automatically.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Even the latest version of IE doesn't support the tag.

The reason may be that is not standard.

Even Google Chrome doesn't support it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please suggest me some book for Java script which includes every aspect of this language in detail?
I am sure most of the computer science students must aware of these Problems that are also known as Non Polynomial Problems . Such Problems are those which can not...
I am a 2nd year student of Metallurgy and material science engineering in NIT Jamshedpur.I am looking for summer training in IITs or in NITs this year.Please help me informing...
Following is the list of top 25 questions asked last year in Google & Microsoft Interview; published by Glassdoor: Let's try to answer them 😉 What was your best McGuyver...
Hello mates, I have cell phone charger and Laptop charger which I got from India and its specs are like some 220 v 50Hz, with 3 round shaped pins. Now...