Converter pins

Hello mates,

I have cell phone charger and Laptop charger which I got from India and its specs are like some 220 v 50Hz, with 3 round shaped pins. Now I got it to USA and I was wondering what kind of converter do i need to use to get it work, since the kind of plug point used here is different than in India.

Thank you,
Laramite

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The converter which you buy should convert the input you get from your mains to 220V and 50HZ.

So what is the output at your home?

for example if it is 200V and 60HZ , buy a converter which converts 200V 60Hz to 220V and 50Hz.
  • Laramite
    Laramite
    Thanks SreeRam, I think you gave me some idea that I wanted.
    Actually the output specs are 120V 60Hz from the mains and the input to the appliance is 230V 50Hz. So you mean I need to get a converter thats converts 120V 60Hz to 230V 50Hz. But I wonder what do you call that gadget? Is that a step down converter or is there any other gadget that does the job.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Thats a Step up converter!

I guess you can get it!!
  • Codes Guides
    Codes Guides
    You can get a step-up voltage converter to convert the USA 120V to UK 220V. But you may find it's easier and/or cheaper to just buy another power adapter for your laptop. You should be able to easily get one that will accept 120V AND 240V, i.e. an international adapter, as most laptop/cell chargers these days will accept 110V - 240V.

- CG
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rasu3045
    rasu3045
    Every place (country)has different socket So you need to buy multiple socket pin which is applicable for different country socket as well as connect power cable also

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Guys, I am actually interested to work with Microwaves Engineering and I wonder what kind of jobs or job titles would be available in USA, in India or in...
Inspired by CE badge, I tried to create the badge of my blog. For that I added an image in my blog itself and created a web link for image....
how to make a small helicopter?????????????
Can anybody tell me how to block Unwanted calls by using Nokia 6030?
Friends I am eager to tell you that, I am participating in a Speech Competition and I have been given "My favorite Website" as a topic. So I have chosen...