Blackberry 10 & Missing Physical Keyboards!

I remember the days when I first held a blackberry phone in my hand. I was told that it was an excellent phone for email and typing some real stuff into your phone. Probably it was the first 'popular' phone brand that boasted its full QWERTY keyboard. But with the launch of the #-Link-Snipped-# today, it now looks like Blackberry has adopted the 'touch'. Which might just mean that we won't see physical keyboards on Blackberry devices of future.

Just a question to blackberry users: Will you miss the physical keyboards on Blackberry?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Doh! The moments after I posted this, it seems that the RIM's new CEO has announced that the Blackberry devices with physical keyboards are on their way. I think physical keyboards eat up lot of real estate on the phone which would otherwise be utilized by the screen. Agree?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    And there is that feature in Blackberry 10 that gives you predictions for words right on the keyboard.

But I do feel I can type faster without these predictions mode ON.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple loves to count their iPads as 'computers' and claimed the #1 PC make spot. But HP has regained their position as the #1 PC manufacturer by shipping over 15.8...
The question is simple. We often base our decision on a simple requirement - 'everything'. But this question goes into specifics and what would be the most important factor that...
There is a scene in the movie, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, where Harry Potter writes a question in Tom Riddle's Diary and gets an answer. While watching...
can anyone please tell me what is the gate AIR or percentile or score cutoff for BHEL,NTPC,IOC?or send me a link where i can get that?
Real time collaborative text editor; Stypi has been acquired by Salesforce. The service will remain live for users and the engineering team at stypi will make sure that it integrates...