bipolar junction transistor

bjt amplify signals by transferring signals from a low resistance circuit to a high resistance one.
which part of the bjt is termed as a low resistance circuit
and which is the high resistance circuit

Replies

• sushant005
    sushant005
    In a BJT there are three terminals i.e Base, Emitter and collector.
    For amplifying the signal transistor need proper biasing of a transistor and for proper biasing we have to make the emitter base (EB) junction forward bias by providing minimum voltage to the base-Emitter junction(0.7 for Si and 0.3 for Ge) and also have to make the collector -Base junction reverse bias by setting minimum voltage to the voltage to the collector-Base (CB) junction(i.e 1V for Si and 0.7 for Ge) .

1>Making the EB junction forward bias means that there is a flow of current it means that resistance is low so i think this circuit is considered as the low resistance circuit.Emitter-Base junction is called as the low resistance circuit.

2>Making the CB junction reverse bias means that there is no/very less flow of current it means that resistance is high so i think this circuit is considered as the high resistance circuit. Finally, Collector-Base junction is called as the high resistance junction.

So Emitter- Base junction is termed as low resistance and Collector-Base junction is termed as the high resistance junction.
    i think this make your doubt clear about you asked.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

in an n type enhancement mosfet can anyone explain me by(considering atomic structure in the device) ,why does the n channel becomes tapered when voltage of the drain terminal is...
Hello, I am a third year electrical undergrad student. I want to join an electrical manufacturing/consultancy company like Schneider electric which visits my campus every year. I am not planning...
Meaning: exaggerated or excessive Usage: The fulsome expressions of gratitude that she showered on him made everyone feel slightly sick. Syn: profuse, liberal. overdone
Meaning: of tremendous size or volume Use :The gargantuan wrestler was terrified of mice. Syn: huge, heavy, colossal, mammoth, leviathan
Meaning: a long, angry or forceful speech Use: The students were bored by the speaker's interminable harangue. Syn: berate, lecture,criticize, rant