Bing Versus Wolfram Alpha: A Tale Of Two Search Engine Launches

[​IMG]In the past month, we've seen some new search engine launches. Two in particular were able to generate a hype cycle of early positive reviews and excitement: Bing and #-Link-Snipped-#. One was launched by Microsoft, and the other by a startup. It is inherently not a fair comparison because Microsoft has so much more money to spend on marketing ($80 to $100 million is earmarked for Bing)> But most of the buzz so far has been generated by the respective launches with all of the blog and news coverage that entails. So even though it is not fair, let's compare the two, because it is instructive. There is little data on actual traffic or search volume for either site at this point. Instead, I looked at another proxy of interest: Google searches for both sites as #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    And what about Bing vs Google 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am new to DB2. In SQL we can list table names using select * from tab; What is the command to list the table names in db2 database?
CEans, CE will be organizing contests in near future and seeks your feedback on prizes we can have for the contests. The budget for the prize(s) would be about $200.
World Environment Day (WED) was established by the UN General Assembly in 1972 to mark the opening of the Stockholm Conference on the Human Environment. WED is Commemorated yearly on...
Well, almost. I never did get that second, as they call it. But I'm a hobbyist from way back. What got me into electronics was a project I had my...
hai i`m doing my 3rd Btech and my branch of study is ECE. Now i`m in a dilemma to choose my career. In acutal, i`m a bit intrested in the...