Best field for Civil Engineers - Suggestions Needed!

Hello everyone,

I am new in this forum, and I hope our experienced engineers will help in my day to day problems.

I will start from a short self intro, I am a graduate Civil Engineer and having near about 2 years of experience in Project Management of Transmission line construction, I have even worked in residential building construction for a month as a site engineer.

My many friends as well as my superiors often says that transmission line is not good enough for a Civil Engineer, this is making me confussed. So, that is why I want help from you people regarding this, and if your answer is also same then which field of civil engineering is good.

Regards
Prasanta Dey

Replies

• micheal john
    micheal john
    #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CE😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    If I am not mistaken, if you are planning to keep working in India, this is a great time for the large-scale construction/development projects.

If you have knowledge of structural engineers, you can find that the work related to retrofits, upgrades, restorations, and safety is great in existing structures as well.

I think it is all about what you truly love to do. For example, there's GeoTechnology, Water resources, Transportation, Environmental or Construction Management. You can choose something and then go at it fully.
    It's a matter of preference.

I am sure they all pretty much pay the same at entry level.

Hence, you might as well do yourself a favor and work in a field you like.

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to answer the query further.
  • Viraj Voditel
    Viraj Voditel
    Unfortunately I do not have much idea about Transmission Line construction but I think that in general Construction Project management is quite challenging and interesting at the same time, be it for a house, a skyscraper or for transmission lines.

If you have 2 years experience in it and are enjoying the work, I think it doesn't really matter what your friends or superiors say.

There is no particular good field in Civil Engg., all are good or bad depending on your perception. Just because I hate Bollywood movies doesn't mean they are bad in general (or are they? 😛)
  • Prasanta Dey
    Prasanta Dey
    virajvoditel
    Unfortunately I do not have much idea about Transmission Line construction but I think that in general Construction Project management is quite challenging and interesting at the same time, be it for a house, a skyscraper or for transmission lines.

If you have 2 years experience in it and are enjoying the work, I think it doesn't really matter what your friends or superiors say.

There is no particular good field in Civil Engg., all are good or bad depending on your perception. Just because I hate Bollywood movies doesn't mean they are bad in general (or are they? 😛)
    Thanx dude, but I just want to know howz the future of transmission lines...????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A few days ago at the Tizen Developer Conference 2014, developers presented new projects such as Samsung Z, Tizen TV SDK & details on Tizen OS IVI 3.0. During the...
Reddit user aperson posted couple of awesome pics of the barbeque grill that runs Ubuntu OS. PS : Barbeque Grill is used as case. You don't need this much of...
Name :-Gurwinder Singh Engineering trade:-Automobile Location :- Punjab Occupation:-Govt. Employee(& doing Automobile Engineering) Aim:- Apply my Automobile idea all around the world. I join CrazyEngineer because:- I want to discuss...
So, here's your two minute management lesson. I'm sure you'll learn quite a lot from these ! Spoiler: Management Lesson
https://www.fakingnews.firstpost.com...ow-modis-us-trip-album-is-going-to-look-like/