BBM For Android Expected On 27 June

Much awaited BBM aka Blackberry Messenger for Android is expected to be available for download from Google Play store on June 27th. It'd be the first time that the BBM service will be available outside of the Blackberry's own devices. When Blackberry announced that they're looking to cross-port the app on iOS and Android, many users were taken aback with surprised. So far Blackberry has relied on the app as its USP for BB devices.

Minimum OS requirements for BBM for Android will be Android 4 and iOS 6. We're not sure if blackberry will make all the BBM features available on android and ios but we'd expect it to.

How many BB users on CE would want to use BBM over WhatsApp?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    BBM is coming to Android and iOS this weekend.
    A free and open BBM would kill all whatsApp kind of apps 👍
    Looking forward to try BBM on android 😁

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Someone inform me - what does BBM offer that's not offered by existing messengers?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I want to try it out to check its messaging service over whatsapp and wechat but luck didnt favours me because I am having only android 2.3 which will not be able to run .
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Let us try and find out. A week more to go. Interesting that BBM coming in cross platform MAY or MAY NOT compete the existing messengers.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    BBM still not available for download and beware of fake articles and apps on play store.
    Original one should be listed with Android Apps by BlackBerry Limited on Google Play
    and download link should be given here #-Link-Snipped-#.

Check out CNET fake article which is saying it is now available for download and there is no official link #-Link-Snipped-#

Didn't expected this from CNET 😯
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Someone inform me - what does BBM offer that's not offered by existing messengers?
    Except privacy I don't think it can offer better thing.
    I just got hands on BBM #-Link-Snipped-#, looks totally authentic to me.

I don't know why people don't use Google Hangout, only bad feature in new hangout is you can't able to see who is online.

So far BBM review:
    Pros:
    Privacy. You can just add anyone by PIN without exposing your phone number and other info.

Cons:
    Design to bulky only 4 chat box can be viewed in window.
    So far only picture share and voice note (record a voice and send upto 2 min) available.
    No sign out option 😲, once skype does this there ware huge outrage that they added it. 😁
    BB should know they are rolling out for Android not for people who just use their phone to showoff, mail and calls.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: This is going to take even longer as Blackberry's halted the release, for unknown reasons. I think it's game over for Blackberry already.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    According to#-Link-Snipped-# They can't able to tackle situation with just 1.1 million early bird users.
    This shows that how many people had used BBM in past😯, How they will deal with chat junkies in India 😘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any.do (my favorite personal task manager) recently teased that they'll be announcing a calendar app. The company has just released a video (see below) that shows the app in action...
Nissan has set yet another benchmark for its budget brand Datsun, where the company has recently announced via email a “Datsun World Premiere” on July 15th. Targeting the emerging markets...
When it comes to taking down the bad, the best of them come together to wipe them all. Microsoft Corp. and the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) along with authorities...
Gamers worldwide have been itching to know more about the Xbox One ever since its launch last month, so taking their impatience into consideration Microsoft has decided to spill a...
Data security and privacy continues to be a worry in an increasingly interconnected world. But what if you could protect your data by convincing interceptors that it did not exist...