Autonomous Cleaning Robot for National Highways

Project Abstract / Summary : My project essentially aims at reducing the human efforts that are formally vested in cleaning and maintaining highway road and premises. Roads (in context with Indian conditions) are mostly filled with sand, pebble, sawdust, glass particles and waste materials that are thrown on the road side. Human efforts are usually involved in cleaning and maintaining. All the existing system are only used to indoor and semi indoor platforms as vacuum cleaners and gardener machines on manual and semi-automatic platforms, hence our idea is to implement an autonomous machine that contains an essentially suction unit and dispenser unit that removes all the unnecessary things on the road sides while tracing the path. We additionally have adopted a separate mechanism for removing the things that are greater in size to the predefined size that are found using a RF camera. If the obstacles found is of greater size than that of predefined size a separate pick and place robot is used to pick the obstacles from the road and dispense the obstacles into dispenser unit. Thus this project effectively implements maintenance's of the highway road at easy with modern technology reducing cost, efforts, time on long term and saving invaluable human life from accidents caused due to improper road maintenance's.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : As a citizen I want a clean and dust free Environment in my Nation. I have seen some maintenance processes that are undergoing to clean and maintain Roadways. I thought that kind of Human efforts are not that much secured due to heavy traffic on roadways and a man power will be wasted for cleaning and maintaining the roadways. There are so much possibilities of happening Accidents while maintaining the road ways. Thus I have chosen this idea to reduce man power and effective autonomous maintenance system.

Project Highlights : Yes, I hope this project idea of mine will win this contest, because if this project idea is implemented in real time it will be more useful for maintaining the Roadways with less man power, less accidents and more efficient with less cost.
Thank you.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: JANSONS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
City: COIMBATORE
State: TAMIL NADU
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Respected Judges,, We are going to make a robot which helps in cleaning segments. We will construct a robot which can run by D.C. motors...
Project Abstract / Summary : Respected Judges,, We are going to make a robot which helps in cleaning segments. We will construct a robot which can run by D.C. motors...
Project Abstract / Summary : Production of vegetables in terrace of the house has been experiencing accelerated growth, but watering and nutritioning plants is a serious task, scheduling the water...
Project Abstract / Summary : CARDIOCARE INTRODUCTION: People can face many challenges to survival such as underdeveloped immune system and immature lung development putting them at extreme uncertainty. Our scenario...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT Light weight concrete has become more popular in recent years owing to the tremendous advantages it offers over the conventional concrete. Even Light concrete...