Automatic operation of water pump at irrigation field

Koushal Patel submitted a new project:

#-Link-Snipped-# - Making the irrigation system automatic

We can automate the process of switching on or off the water pump which supplies water to the irrigation plant.
Two stiff metallic rods are inserted into the field at a distance. There rods are connected to control unit. The output of this unit is fed to 8051 series micro-controller via an operational amplifier. Thus, micro-controller receives input signal of varying moisture condition of the soil through the sensing arrangement. Output of micro-controller sends signal to drive the relay which...
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Block Diagram Attached.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    A beautiful depiction of this project I found at 75600403 automatic-plant-irrigation-system
    The document do have the program that would be burned in micro-controller as well.
  • Chinenyezeh
    Chinenyezeh
    hello koushal patel... am very impressed at this invention of yours is indeed mind blowing.
    i have a concept on this project but i don't know how to go about it......

design and construction of a hybrid greenhouse, this green house should have an automated overhead sprinkler irrigation system, and a soil moisture detector which reports any shortage of soil moisture and there be need for irrigation. and all of these can be control with micro-controller.... please i would love to know your take on this project. you can reach me on #-Link-Snipped-#. thanks
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Chinenyezeh
    invention
    To be very frank, it is not my invention my friend. I am not the person who should owe credit for this. This project has been implemented many times by students doing some plus or minus to the concept! Lets thanks to that unknown person who has actually invented this, praying - god bless him/her with prosperity. 😀

Coming to the point, if you have an idea of over head water tank (my understanding says, it is the reservoir which is at some higher level, correct?), the mechanism would be the same. Only, the relay at the output side would be switching the valve on and off of the pipes carrying water. We can open the valve till the time the moisture measured by the device comes to desired level. Any-ways, as per the current block diagram shown, the relay switched the motor ON. All we have to do is, to use the action of the relay to switch on the valve. Let me know for further questions! Thanks for showing interest in this! 😀
  • Don Ross
    Don Ross
    I think the more important question is not the monitoring of the water but the delivery of the moister. What would you use? A drip method, Fog, Mister. I would think water management would include precise absorption control timed in a way that reflects the plants nature and needs. What is being used now?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The future is here with the announcement of all-new Mercedes Benz F 015 at the Consumer Electronics Show 2015. The German automobile giant has introduced its latest self-driving concept car...
CES 2014 witnessed Sony announcing the arrival of its two Handycam camcorders FDR-AX100 and HDR-CX900. FDR-AX100, the more impressive among them, grabbed the attention of the buyers particularly because of...
It gives me immense satisfaction to see my friend CEan @SeaBiscuit (Mr.Anand Madanagopal, CEO of the startup Cardiac Design Labs) unanimously selected as the sole winner of the award for...
I m confused as i m not intrested in IT currently pursing btech ece my 3rd yr cmpletd n i want to do some courses which is not relatd to...
It is hard to deny that when it comes to television, Sony is the brand that people trust the most and expect much from. Sony too apparently is aware of...