Automatic motorcycle sidestand removing system

Could any one of u guys give me any idea of how to remove the side stand of the motorcycle when the motocycle has started moving........if any one could help me with the ideas....plz come up๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kula
    Could any one of u guys give me any idea of how to remove the side stand of the motorcycle when the motocycle has started moving........if any one could help me with the ideas....plz come up๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Hmm. I think of motion sensor and an electric motor ;-).

If pure mechanical setup is needed, why not have a mechanical sensor and a spring to pull the side stand up? ๐Ÿ˜ก

Geez!
  • kula
    kula
    The_Big_K
    Hmm. I think of motion sensor and an electric motor ;-).

If pure mechanical setup is needed, why not have a mechanical sensor and a spring to pull the side stand up? ๐Ÿ˜ก

Geez!
    that is too complicated .......and also doesnot work good(practically tested)........i thought of another idea........could some one say if it is feasible or any modifications

let us remove the present setup......ok now we replace the single material stand as two parts stand .......one is a fixed with a key way for the another part to extand and retract.....

we basically use a hydraulic cylinder piston with a spring return mechanism......

1.if we press a button we make the second part of the stand to retract slowly by connecting it to a cylinder and when fluid fills in,,the stand will retract slowly and the second part will be housed in the first part ...safely...

2.if we press the same next button .....the spring return mechanism will make the stand to extend suddenly and the motor cycle can be clamped safely ......

this is my ultimate idea .......i welcome suggestions!!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There you go. Always post your own ideas first and request for comments ๐Ÿ˜€ Good going.
  • kula
    kula
    is it good or is there any modifications i can do!!!!!!!!!!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yeah hydraulic stands (usually center stand) have been used previously by some manufactures. I still prefer the foot meathod for side stands, nice and simple. They usually have a cut out switch connected to the starter.
  • flash319
    flash319
    How about you put a switch on the stand so that you can't start the bike unless you have the stand up.........................mmmmmm ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • gohm
    gohm
    laugh, yeah good idea, too bad they already have that.
  • flash319
    flash319
    That was my point. Most bikes do.
  • navderm
    navderm
    hie.

I like the idea since it's new and not used as yet. (as far as I know)
    Though i think the functions of the hydraulic actuator and the springs should be opposite of what they are.

I think the numatic actuator (hydraulic) will work best when pushing the rod to make the motorcycle stand. that is to extend the stand.
    When the stand is to be retracted back, you reverse the hydraulic actuator and the spring does the work automatically.

keep the spring in unloaded condition when the stand is no on (when the extension has not been done)
    i things its a good idea. atleast you should give i a try.
  • dhruvpandit
    dhruvpandit
    flash319
    How about you put a switch on the stand so that you can't start the bike unless you have the stand up.........................mmmmmm ๐Ÿ˜‰

very good idea, i'll put it to my thunderbird.
    thanx
  • mechar
    mechar
    kula
    if we add a lock to the gear peddle which is connected to the side stand
  • gohm
    gohm
    Honda goldwing's have hydraulic/electric stands
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I think 12V electric motors would be easier to implement than hydraulic ones, like biggie suggested. Apply current on one direction, you raise the stand. Apply current the other way, you lower it.

Easy as pie ๐Ÿ˜›
  • gohm
    gohm
    true as well. Although they are used on heavy 2 wheeled vehicles and the hydraulics allows them to adjust. these systems will add weight and create extra drain on the battery which most motorcycle electrical systems are close to full capacity with weak alternators. This is why most motorcycles use manual side stands. Less to break as well.
  • maxz
    maxz
    Why not just using back the stand and add up with the hydraulic to the back of the stand. as the stand flip up, the motorcycle can operate. With the help of the fluid on the hydraulic, and some electronic device, the hydraulic operates like going down to the stance of paking or moving up with the driver is ready to go.
  • Tkelly
    Tkelly
    Fit a micro limit switch at the side stand & indication on dash board.
    That means unless side stand is removed , indication will not get off.

Tom
    CAD Outsourcing Services India | Indovance Inc
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Tkelly
    Fit a micro limit switch at the side stand & indication on dash board.
    That means unless side stand is removed , indication will not get off.

Tom
    CAD Outsourcing Services India | Indovance Inc
    Its already there.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    The idea from biggie is good.

If we implement in this way say when we start the bike the stand should get automatically closed and when we stop it ,stand should automatically get ON.
    ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    yaa,,,, Hadrulic stand is good idea.
    also we can use swich to remove it.
    just like in"Ambetion". It never start when stand is opan...
  • zorif
    zorif
    good idea of looping the start swicth they the stand switch.
    its all about stopping the vehiclle from moving wire the ignition is ON.
    i solved this problem by placing a very small limit switch on my stand.and wired this switch to a ultra bright LED.the LED is so bright,u will get irriate and will forced to close the stand.
    its been working since 2 years on my SHINE.and very had any problem.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Just use Sensor [Time Sensors etc], Motor and Switch
  • sangeethsreeni
    sangeethsreeni
    Hai friends.
    there is a purely mechanical system which is simple, works without any sensors..
    My friend neeraj and me developed the system.
    if interested go through the link..

#-Link-Snipped-#

The existing pin on the side stand bracket is changed to a new position such that always the stand retracts back to upright postion. Then additional fittings are provided for restrict the motion which is operated by the clutch......
  • prashyraj
    prashyraj
    Not to be rude or something, just asking for the benefit of the doubt.

Actually i was searching through my college library (where they have the previously completed records of projects) I happen to see the same system as you are mentioning to be completed by my seniors in 2006 itself.

The system they have used is that they have another spring attached to a sliding block which slides through a small cross-guide as in lathe.The sliding block is in turn connected to a wire which is operated by the clutch.
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    @Kula : Have you ever seen the braking systems of a cycle? Use the same mechanism. Only try to connect the wire with your stand so whenever you press that lever you can operate the stand. .I did it once, when there was a competition.However I found it very cheap.But why to use such mechanism? If you can easily put your stand off and drive safely?
    As you said we can also use spring mechanism!
  • ramaseenu
    ramaseenu
    the side stand may be connected with a small rubber wheel at bottom end ,like that in rotating wheel chair .When vehicle starts running, with side stand it will not drag on road making wheel roll reducing friction.A pressure sensor attached may give sound through speaker to warn rider.He will manually release side stand.how z that?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I need some ebook that teach "basic English Grammar A to Z" and the ebook related to General knowledge looks like GK year book there is GK book of 2008...
hi people, this is my first thread. i have an idea for an water bot. this is for a competition. the idea is kinda ingenious ( i think ) and...
Tyvekยฎ Classic: protecting users from dust and dirt in cement production Holcim Ltd is one of the world's leading producers of cement and aggregates. (1) At the Holcim (Deutschland) AG...
๐Ÿ˜when connectet the computer to online ups the phone line is not functioning properly it is giving hissing sound and it is not working properly please suggest me some solution....
I have a big doubt. im sure anna university mechanical engineers are out here, ( hope at least one is present ) to clarify my doubt. what kind of Design...