Auto Clutch & Its Use In Two Or Four Wheelers

what is an auto clutch?
how is it used in two wheelrs?
is it also there in four wheelrs?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    An automatic clutch is nothing but a special type of clutch called the centrifugally pivoted clutch. nowadays all modern two-wheelers are using this type of clutch. this clutch operates automatically under the action of centrifugal forces and has no interface to the driver, through pedals or levers.

here is a video
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    zaveri
    An automatic clutch is nothing but a special type of clutch called the centrifugally pivoted clutch. nowadays all modern two-wheelers are using this type of clutch. this clutch operates automatically under the action of centrifugal forces and has no interface to the driver, through pedals or levers.

ya i undrstud the theory but didnt undrstand the video...
    can u plz explain more that...
    "an activa goes more faster than a bike at the start of the race... because in bike the time for gear change takes time time... but further it may be defeated..."
    is this based on work of an auto clutch?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Yes bikes like activa or pep when in a race with a regular motorcycle with a driver-operated clutch and gearbox, they may get a good head-start. this is because the clutch and gears are automatically controlled, whereas in the motorbikes the driver takes his own sweet time for clutching-in , shifting gears and clutching out.
  • sweet_honey
    sweet_honey
    zaveri
    Yes bikes like activa or pep when in a race with a regular motorcycle with a driver-operated clutch and gearbox, they may get a good head-start. this is because the clutch and gears are automatically controlled, whereas in the motorbikes the driver takes his own sweet time for clutching-in , shifting gears and clutching out.

okk.. now i undrstud
    thank u for the explanation...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI, I AM BISHWAKALYAN.CURRENTLY A STUDENT OF B.TECH IN MECHANICAL ENGG. .BUT I HAVE INTEREST IN ASTROPHYSICS AND AEROSPACE BECAUSE OF ALL THESE ARE RESEARCH ABOUT SPACE AND FLYING OBJECTS.KINDLY...
According to the Bing Community Blog, it has released new updates to keep its users updated with the London 2012 Olympics. Starting with the home page, this would be updated...
i am a student of civil engg. graduation .I am in 3rd year
i want some good topics of group discussion in civil engg.
HI FRIENDS, I have one question in PSACD software. i work in AC system fault analysis. so i required variable transmission line how make in PSCAD software. so i can...