CrazyEngineers
  • I was pretty happy with Google DNS; but since last several hours I'm facing strange issues. The pages load up slower or they just don't load at all. I switched my DNS to OpenDNS and it was good for some time. I spoke with the ISP folks and they say few of the customers are indeed facing issues and the possible resolution is to update your DNS settings to the official DNS provided by DNS.

BSNL's DNS works fine; but Google was much faster. Curious to know if I'm the only one or we've more people who've been facing similar issues. Waiting for your responses.
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Vikram S Bargah

MemberJun 4, 2015

Just Came across a document on Google DNS #-Link-Snipped-#.

Is it so?
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJun 4, 2015

Vikram S Bargah
    Just Came across a document on Google DNS #-Link-Snipped-#.

Is it so?
    Not really. That article is bit misleading (and old too). Google's DNS is optimised to route the name server request to the server closest to you. Given the spread of Google infrastructure, it's very likely that a request form India is served either from India, Singapore or Japan.

I still continue to face issues with Google DNS, but keep it as my primary DNS service. The reason is that BSNL's own DNS aren't very reliable and I'm quite sure that they aren't investing in caching.

Again, I must admit that I'm not an expert on the topic of DNS and have very basic knowledge about it. Let's find out what DNS service our CEans are using and how's the experience.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register