Are you experiencing issues with Google DNS?

I was pretty happy with Google DNS; but since last several hours I'm facing strange issues. The pages load up slower or they just don't load at all. I switched my DNS to OpenDNS and it was good for some time. I spoke with the ISP folks and they say few of the customers are indeed facing issues and the possible resolution is to update your DNS settings to the official DNS provided by DNS.

BSNL's DNS works fine; but Google was much faster. Curious to know if I'm the only one or we've more people who've been facing similar issues. Waiting for your responses.

Replies

• Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Just Came across a document on Google DNS #-Link-Snipped-#.

Is it so?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vikram S Bargah
    Just Came across a document on Google DNS #-Link-Snipped-#.

Is it so?
    Not really. That article is bit misleading (and old too). Google's DNS is optimised to route the name server request to the server closest to you. Given the spread of Google infrastructure, it's very likely that a request form India is served either from India, Singapore or Japan.

I still continue to face issues with Google DNS, but keep it as my primary DNS service. The reason is that BSNL's own DNS aren't very reliable and I'm quite sure that they aren't investing in caching.

Again, I must admit that I'm not an expert on the topic of DNS and have very basic knowledge about it. Let's find out what DNS service our CEans are using and how's the experience.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Currently, I am in quest to check the OC'ing capability of Raspberry Pi. I been testing few random settings. I have even added heat-sink on RPi so that it don't...
I am using html5 for video streaming, and my experience with it is pretty impressive. I have found html5 more responsive & better than Flash. Most of the videos in...
[HASHTAG]#include[/HASHTAG] int main(){ int i=2,j=2; while(i+1?--i:j++) printf("%d",i); return 0; } The above question was asked for my seniors in Mu-Sigma written test.. The output for the above code is 1....
HAPPY 75th BIRTHDAY @A.V.Ramani SIR!!! 🎉 Hope you get the sweetest surprises today! God bless!
I just had a phone call with the local BSNL officer about the Internet connectivity issues I've been facing since last ~2 days. The officer informed to me that 8...