Are netbooks powerful enough for programming?

Can I use Visual Studio (or any other IDE) to compile programs on a netbook?
Will it be very slow to write and compile programs on it?

Is buying a netbook only for programming purpose advised?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe any newbook should do the job as long as it satisfies the minimum system requirements for Visual Studio.

Is buying a netbook only for programming purpose advised?
    Why not?
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I heard that netbooks run slow while multitasking.

I am planning to buy a netbook as they are very cheap and portable. The only work I want to do is browsing the net or programming. I guess all netbooks are capable of doing this much amount of work.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's the system configuration of the netbook you are looking to buy?
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Following are the minimum requirements.

Processor - Intel Atom 1.6 Ghz (or more)
    RAM - 1 GB (or more)
    HDD - 160GB (or more)
    Screen Size - >10 inches.

with basic networking support. Machine should run Windows XP smoothly.

I guess almost all netbooks come with an Intel Atom 1.6 GHz processor.

HP mini 110-1030 fits these requirements.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Vista Start Menu File Size: 2378 Vista Start Menu--which actually works with both Vista and XP--puts all of your programs and important folders within easy reach, so that you can...
CREATE PROCEDURE MyMarriage BrideGroom Male (25) , Bride Female(20) AS BEGIN SELECT Bride FROM india_ Brides WHERE FatherInLaw = 'Millionaire' AND Count(Car) > 20 AND HouseStatus ='ThreeStoreyed' AND BrideEduStatus IN...
i am doing my project on networking. i need to implement icmp protocol. please anybody help me out and tell me how to implement this protocol. please reply soon.
if i want to provide e-certificates(i.e rating )to a particular group among the users of my website then which approach should i use?
Hi, I want to make a java application for my project. I've to make a GUI and connect a phone to my PC. If a certain button in the GUI...