Are Bloggers , Freelancers liable for paying Service Tax?

Are the bloggers, website owners and freelancers liable for paying service tax, if so is there any exemptions?

I talked to my younger brother and he told in case of freelancer yes they are, but somehow, if one can bring foreign currency in his country, then service tax can be saved i.e through EEFC account

For bloggers and advertisers there was exemption added last year 10 july 2012, by finance minister that money earned through advertisements or through adsense doesn't come under service tax

Please share any other information if you have

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    There are many misunderstanding for this case I have also tried to get some information but not able to find any solid proof or rule which explains weather Freelancer have to pay tax or not.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    The rule passed last year stated that ANYTHING not under "Negative service tax list" is liable to pay tax. Hence this case would qualify for service tax.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir Richard Branson's rolled up sleeves to make the space flights accessible to (wealthy) humans. His company, Virgin Galactic, is on a mission of developing spaceships that will carry humans...
What will be best track to achieve the high speed in a vehicle? There are many cars in the world and many tracks to assist them to achieve the best...
I am just researching on some of the plants especially the oil extracting plants as a biotechnology product in farm technology I came across with these lists which are majorly...
From early days there were three resistances which hinder the path of attaining the maximum efficiency.Other tgan engine power its resistance which offer full control over efficiency.Road resistance,air resistance and...
Staying on ships would be an awesome experience as long as you can tolerate the constant wobbling of the ship because of the waves. But this movement causes several problems...