Apart from discussions, what else would you like to see on CrazyEngineers?

Curious to know what else would you like to see on CrazyEngineers? We've mostly been a discussion and news site so far; so just thought of collecting ideas on what new things would you like CrazyEngineers to have? It's an open discussion and you are free to contribute your ideas - no matter how good, crazy, stupid, awesome they are 😁.

Replies

• Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Inspiring short-stories!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Inspiring short-stories!
    Could you elaborate a bit?
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    chatforum
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    no matter how good, crazy, stupid, awesome they are
    If that can read: 'how bad, , crazy, stupid, awful they are', here is one.
    If members are willing, CE can facilitate industrial problem solving as seems common on other western engineering fora.
    Industries can send a problem details to CE admin with a time frame. CE can put up a one line statement collection to which interested members (who may have to register for this separately) may send replies to CE, which can then link them up. It can be a commercial activity with CE charging a small admin fee for the facilitation. IPR issues will be between the two parties with CE disclaiming any responsibility in the workability of the solution.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ...And we are reading! 😀 All 3 suggestions look good so far. You never know, one of them might already be under construction at CE HQ.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I would like to see a dedicated DIY section. Right now all the DIY projects are in the regular sections. They are harder to locate. So having a separate DIY will be one feature I want.

Other than that I also like to see sub fora in some common community.

Eg

Community: Electronics| Electrical | Communication
    Sub Community:
    • Embedded| RTOS
    • Digital signal Processing| Image processing
    • Circuit design
    • General Electrical | Electronics
    and so on.

This way locating a thread and also asking questions in the fora will be more easier
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    ^ Absolutely spot on! Awesome!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was also wondering if adding sub-sections for programming specific sub-sections viz. C, C++, Java, PHP would help.

I thought we could put everything under general sections so that we can use search or tags or prefixes to search.

#-Link-Snipped-# - Chatroom is coming. An update kept the things on hold. I'm evaluating it on the test server as of now. Should be ready to roll.

#-Link-Snipped-# - Let's see if we need more sub-sections.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    simulation games
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    zaveri
    simulation games
    Please elaborate on it. Are there any existing games you'd like us to develop for CrazyEngineers?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Store where we can purchase Electronics Kits Like Arduino,Raspberry, Break out boards, Sensors etc.

We can also setup team who designs Open Source PCB specially design by CE-Team.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Harshad Italiya
    Store where we can purchase Electronics Kits Like Arduino,Raspberry, Break out boards, Sensors etc.

We can also setup team who designs Open Source PCB specially design by CE-Team.
    This one's been on the list for long; but we are stuck on the better way to implement it. We should be able to roll this out though.
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Many forums have a "stickies" section. Very important threads are made "stickies" and it is the first section on the page you see.

For instance, I am looking for the Linux help thread by #-Link-Snipped-# , I have to scour through the CE sections to find it.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yeah Biggie Our contribution to Linux is noteable so why not a sub-section for linux as well mate
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    We are expecting Group chat for a long time. Bring it ON

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : WIRELESS TRANSMISSION OF ELECTRICAL ENERGY WRITEUP:- MODEL: - we will be working on the principal of microwaves for wireless power transmission. We will be using...
Looks like the Illinois base tech firm Motorola is all set to launch their most powerful and beastly smartphone in the Indian market. The phone was initially launched with US...
If you are a fan of limited edition gadgets, here's a new smartphone from OPPO that might be of great interest to you. The recently unveiled OPPO R5 is now...
Indian company WickedLeak which is best known for its Wammy series phones had last launched their product (Wammy One) back in November 2014. Now, with a market flooded with literally...
After launching its first Android 5.0 Lollipop based smartphone, the Indian mobile manufacturer, Intex has come up with a new smartphone named - 'Intex Aqua Y2 Remote'. The smartphone is...