ANSYS quite slow as compare with MATLAB, how to turn off its graphic display?

Dear all,

I am a newbie in ANSYS. I hope you are more familiar with ANSYS. So I wonder do you have any solution for the ANSYS problem that I have now.

In my case (1500 load steps for SDOF dynamic analysis), the processing time in ANSYS seems to be so much slow as compare to MATLAB. ANSYS takes more than 10 minutes while MATLAB needs only a fraction of second. The reasons might be ANSYS has to display all information at every load steps, both by text in Command Prompt screen also by graphics in the main screen.

I have taken so much time to look for the tips to turn off the interactive mode, turn off the temporary results graphic display, or to put the ANSYS run in the most priority mode, but I fail so far. There have no such tips for that purpose. Even that if I set the ANSYS processes to the Real time mode in Window Task Manager, my CPU usage is still about 20% when ANSYS run, and its speed is quite slow.

So if you know how to speed ANSYS up, please let me know. Thank you so much!!!!

P.S:
My platform is (laptop) Intel Core 2 Duo 2x2GHz, 2GB DDR3, 320 GB HDD, MS Window XP SP3, Matlab R2008a, ANSYS R11.

Replies

• rebellionofrebel
    rebellionofrebel
    Is ur OS 32 bit ????
    secondly, you are comparing two totally different software platforms..
    Matlab executes codes using a complier. tell me did u try using MAtlab to solve a structural problem of say bearing pedestal using a 3dof element?? try coding it ... its a PITA when u talk about coding complex probs in MAtlab..Its also possible that you have meshed your machine element in Ansys with a very fine meshsize. try to use larger Mesh and see the difference in time.If it still does not then I think you need to talk to experts why u ansys is slow.. but if u talking about ANsys as "SLOW" in front of MAtlab, then I m sorry to say ur comparison is totally invalid!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anybody can hold the helm when the sea is calm but at this Techfest, you will witness a sea full of competitions, which polishes and brings out knowledge, skills and...
Name: Sreelatha Location:India Engineering Trade:Computer Sceince Occupation: Software engineer Actually I come a cross to this CRAZY ENGINEERS while searching for the puzzels and all. Really feeling happy to know...
Hello all, We've a popular thread going on here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/chillax-chit-chat/37380-post-link-your-latest-blog-entry.html I regularly visit the links and want to comment (and I'm sure, many others as well!). However, I don't want...
Explain Equivalence relation & Digitalization with suitable Example. Construct a DFA with reduced states equivalent to the regular expressions: 10 + (0 + 11) 0 * 1 Explain Prefix, suffix,...
What is Operating system? Explain in brief the Evolution of Operating system? Explain in brief the functions of Operating system? Explain in brief the structure of Operating system? Explain the...