Android Jelly Bean source code is now available

Jean-Baptiste Queru (Technical lead of Android Open Source Project) has announced that the source code of the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will be available from today. This surely opens the gate for all the modders all over the world to rey their hands on it specially the likes of CyanogenMOD team. It also lets other companies ad their own flavor to it and bring it in the market. Any Android modders here? Have you checked out the code?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is a totally good news. Developers will love Android more now. Though people are saying it is not as open as they want it to be, it is still more open than two other mainstream OSes. Let the fun begin!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I already got JellyBean animation and fonts for my I9100, Its beautiful.
    Alpha 2 version of CyanogenMOD10 is already there for Galaxy I9100G.
    May be it will available for all galaxy devices by next months.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Malware deadline had almost passed and very very few user got affexted of it. In US number was limited to few thousands (early four digits), countries like Korea were reported...
Wireless Electricity Transfer: Now Through 10 cm Block Of Concrete! High Speed Bullet Trains In The US To Be A Reality Soon PowerCloth 1G By Exotic Solar LLC Turns Your...
I just installed playonlinux using .repo after full yum update still getting below errors .. can anyone help me out ? What i am doing wrong ... is any files...
New york times has recently titled " Man in shadow" has the prime minister of India Manmohan Singh and He is unable to control his ministers. Bring out your views
I'm Yash Panchal from Mumbai India. I am sound engineer for live sound and recording for television. I have a query How can i locate the original destination of an...