Android Hits 900 Million Activations, Will Hit Billion By End Of 2013.

Google, the real-world's Skynet was founded to two geeks : Larry Page & Sergey Brin and since then the company is achieving heights. Google recently had it's Q2 2013 earnings & the statistics from Google has reported $14.11 billion in revenue which is 19% year-on-year increase.

Google CEO Larry Page said,"Google had a great quarter with over $14 billion in revenue – up 19-percent year-on-year. The shift from one screen to multiple screens and mobility creates tremendous opportunity for Google. With more devices, more information, and more activity online than ever, the potential to improve people’s lives even more is immense."

900-million-activations

Android activation is quite insane. The report claims everyday 1.5 million activations are noted, which is the same statistics which was displayed in Google I/O 2013 (check image). Google acquired Android in 2008, since 2008 to recent 2013 year; the total number of the Android activations are 900 million which will hit 1 billion undoubtedly by the end of 2013.

Do you think, Android will take over Apple ? With the rise of Opensource mobile operating systems like Android,Tizen2.0, Firefox OS, Ubuntu Touch & Sailfish, do you think it will be tough for closed-source giants like Apple & Microsoft to hold their reign ?

Share your opinion, CEans.

Source : Google: 1.5 million Android activations a day, reminds us just how popular Android is – Phandroid

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes you are correct.I hope Android will be on the top of smartphones in nearby future.Apple and ms should take immense measures to hold their territory.The success of android is mainly because of the fact that they are opensource . So anyone can use it without charge and freedom of modification is key to success.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just found this article, which gives the required information for the licensing of the software. Developers take a look : https://opensource.com/law/13/6/quick-open-source-licensing
ZTE, the global telecommunications company from China has launched six new Android smartphones and four 3G datacards for the Indian consumers. With a price range that would suit a variety...
There will be many reasons to thank CE.So lets flood in to say thanks to www.crazyengineers.com for your reasons.The reason can be anything on CE. I thank Kaustubh Katdare for...
Yes , the wait is over and Honda has unveiled the new look of Honda Brio which boosts the Honda's image to counter attack MarutiErtiga.The official sketch of Honda Brio...
Hey all, I need some expert advice here. I have worked for a product based company for almost an year and then switched to another company (product based too). I...