Alternating voltage or alternating current

why we used to call alternating current(a.c) and direct current(d.c) rather than alternating voltage(a.v) and direct voltage(d.v)?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Voltage doesn't exactly have any nature. Voltage is just the potential difference between two points. You cannot actually say voltage to be of type alternating or direct, its the current which have alternating or direct nature. Hence, its AC & DC.

Those terminologies are just used for understanding about the conditions you're working with. At least that's my understanding about the topic. I may be wrong.
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    current:flow of electron or charge in conductor is called current.
    voltage:force required to move the electrons is called voltage.
    by applying voltage current produces.so,there is a difference between voltage and current.
  • pothedarvamsi
    pothedarvamsi
    The question is about alternating current and alternating voltage...right.! OK.
    so for small components there is a need to give a little amount of current to work so we use current based words example for system components whereas for big components like transformers we use the voltage based words.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am Mukesh and I am a Automobile Engineer. I would like to know what is mean by zeroshift transmission? Could someone explain it in brief here, please?
Hello all Can anyone tell me how to synchronize two pulse train signal, so as to perform AND operation between them, where synchronization is must.? thanks in advance regards.
I think even the most basic phones out there can recognize the VCF file format used for storing contact information. So logically, if you're transferring contacts from any phone to...
I heard that series generators are used in train engines,because they produce more torque.Is it real?
Hi, i want to detect a pulse with 140ns and 50mV amplitude. i want to design such a circuit when pulse comes pic microcontroller should get an interrupt. how can...