AJAX(Asynchronous JavaScripting and XML)

Hi Friends,

As many of you are willing to know about AJAX, I got some information from one of my buddies.This is introduction to simple but powerful technology called AJAX(Asynchronous JavaScripting and XML).

AJAX technology is really a new & good technology.
Many of the site's we use today are using it.

1) GOOGLE SUGGEST
2) MEEBO.COM (Ajax chat client-Blocked in our college)
3) orkut.com (Online community)
4) Gmail.com (Popular free E mail service)
5) Amazon’s A9.com search engine

Defining Ajax

Ajax isn’t a technology. It’s really several technologies, each flourishing in its own right, coming together in powerful new ways.

Ajax incorporates:

* standards-based presentation using XHTML and CSS;
* dynamic display and interaction using the Document Object Model;
* data interchange and manipulation using XML and XSLT;
* asynchronous data retrieval using XMLHttpRequest;
* and JavaScript binding everything together.

The classic web application model works like this:
Most user actions in the interface trigger an HTTP request back to a web server.
The server does some processing — retrieving data, crunching numbers, talking to various legacy systems — and then returns an HTML page to the client.

[​IMG]

This approach makes a lot of technical sense, but it doesn’t make for a great user experience. While the server is doing its thing, what’s the user doing? That’s right, waiting. And at every step in a task, the user waits some more.

An Ajax application eliminates the start-stop-start-stop nature of interaction on the Web by introducing an intermediary an Ajax engine between the user and the server.

It seems like adding a layer to the application would make it less responsive, but the opposite is true.

Instead of loading a webpage, at the start of the session, the browser loads an Ajax engine — written in JavaScript

This AJAX engine is responsible for both rendering the interface the user sees and communicating with the server on the user’s behalf.

The Ajax engine allows the user’s interaction with the application to happen asynchronously — independent of communication with the server.

So the user is never staring at a blank browser window and an hourglass icon, waiting around for the server to do something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The synchronous interaction pattern of a traditional web application (top)
compared with the asynchronous pattern of an Ajax application (bottom).

Every user action that normally would generate an HTTP request takes the form of a JavaScript call to the Ajax engine instead.

Any response to a user action that doesn’t require a trip back to the server — such as simple data validation, editing data in memory, and even some navigation — the engine handles on its own.

If the engine needs something from the server in order to respond — if it’s submitting data for processing, loading additional interface code, or retrieving new data — the engine makes those requests asynchronously, usually using XML.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Great info...

Biggi ...can you search and mearge these info in the previous AJAX thread... I guess there is one...

--Crazy
  • boyzzzz
    boyzzzz
    Check out the below link

#-Link-Snipped-#

Read the full article. It will be of much helful.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    nice information...really quite impressive...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello biggie, I completed my electrical engineering and hunting jobs. As a electrical engineer help me how to get a job in any electrical company . how to get training...
hey guys do watch it...its a gud movie...u wont stop laughing...........before LRMB....this was one movie which made me laugh a lot..............its a must watch for all the comedy film lovers
This thread is a sequel to the following thread - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388 Let us start the game - Scene: CE Boardroom Characters: You & I https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388 You want to work for...
CEan FerLich celebrates his 53rd Birthday today! FerLich a Crazy Chemical Engineer! Many HaPpy Returns of the Day, FerLich! 😁 -The Big K-
"Honesty is the best policy." This sentence is one of those sentences being taught since our childhood but hardly 1/10 implements it. The question is in the present world of...