Air Cons - Can It be a source of water?

These days due to global warming we are not left with an option and we have to get our rooms fitted with air conditioners. It has been several years that I have been following this activity so just thought of sharing it with you.

I am sure that everyone must have seen there are 2 outlets for the indoor units. One is connected to the unit that is fitted outdoor and other is the one throws out water that has been condensed while making your room cooler.

On an average if I run my AC for 3-5 hours, it approximately throws more than 1 litre of water. That water I use for watering my plants in the morning when I get up. Now that Is not enough; but some thing is better than nothing, right? If I can save a litre of water so can you.

I hope you getting the big picture as I am talking a litre of water that is been produced as a residue because we are a country with a population of several crores. And I am sure each one of us can use it for some or the other purpose and save water.

Engineering is all about saving human efforts without destroying the nature. So! what are you waiting for? Use that residue of water rather than just letting that to flow away because even for production of that water you are paying for electricity, ain't you?

Cheers!

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Air Conditioner water outlet is nothing but the atmospheric humidity present in the room.

When the water drips from the outlet, Because of all the recent innovations in air con industries, This water is full of microbes and dust particles that are present in your room.

So even if you want to get water that will be highly contaminated and requires high level of purification.

Secondly the amount of water got from the Air con is proportional to the amount of moisture present in the room. Moisture in air is common only in coastal cities and not the peninsular cities which have very low humidity.

So if we are to get water from air cons then we are seeing at many odds that need working on.

PS: If we have no other source of fresh water than water dripping from air con humanity will be extinct from this planet
  • Sushant J
    Sushant J
    Jeffrey Samuel
    Air Conditioner water outlet is nothing but the atmospheric humidity present in the room.

When the water drips from the outlet, Because of all the recent innovations in air con industries, This water is full of microbes and dust particles that are present in your room.

So even if you want to get water that will be highly contaminated and requires high level of purification.

Secondly the amount of water got from the Air con is proportional to the amount of moisture present in the room. Moisture in air is common only in coastal cities and not the peninsular cities which have very low humidity.

So if we are to get water from air cons then we are seeing at many odds that need working on.

PS: If we have no other source of fresh water than water dripping from air con humanity will be extinct from this planet
    I never mentioned it for human consumption. It may be contaminated but should have some other use to it. Its is far more better than industrial waste. My plants have not died yet; since couple of years that have been fed by it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, I have some trouble in finding a certification course in Networked video transmission If anyone has by any chance idea of any such courses pls share in this thread?...
Today our CEan @Gurjeet Singh and @Nayan Goenka celebrating their Birthday. Wish you many many happy returns of the day.
OPPO India has launched a new smartphone called the OPPO R5s that features Android 4.4 KitKat OS layered with the company's own interface design called ColorOS 2.0.0i . Running atop...
What does 304,304L,316,316L indicates in SS304 and SS316 ?
I would like to know how capacity is inversly proportional to vacuum ? see the graph which is given below.