After 1st service can I ride in high speed

After 1st service can I ride in high speed of my access 125, ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yes, but what exactly is the high speed for you? It's not recommended; but you can. 

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar

Motocycles have something called Break-In. When bike is new the piston boring is not set. They are rough. A sudden high RPM friction can damage the cylinder. That's why it is advisable to run on moderate speed to let the engine set according to your ride style. Another way to ride bike for 50km with varying RPM to break-in in day. 

To your question: Most modern bikes with lower displacement engines don't need that much break-in. Manufacturers take care of such things in testing. Yes, you can ride on high RPM (High Speed as you asked) .

• Piyush Rao
    Piyush Rao

What is break in? Does access have it? 

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Games for management event like some spontaneous games and competitions like Business plan,mad adds,etc
If successive rolling of high purity iron ingots into fine thickness sheets is to be done, what are the  manufacturing process parameters and how to decide their appropriate values for...
GBatteries, a nameless YC startup, boldly claims that it can charge electric cars as quickly as it can fuel the tank of a fuel truck.The system developed by the company...
Design news says: Developers may remember a time when you'd boot up your computer and all you'd get was a blank screen and blinking cursor. It was up to engineers...
Design News says: Your new IoT gadget looks great on paper and you have managed to transfer that seemingly perfect schematic image into real hardware. You have skillfully interlaced multiple...