Actuation of shape memory alloys

Hi,

I am making a robotics project. I am using shape memory alloy wires in place of motors. I need help with the electronics part as I have no idea what I have to do. For example, which microprocessor to use, how to design the circuit, etc.

All I have to do is pass a current through one of the four wires joining two adjacent links, depending upon the direction I want the robot to move in. Like if I want to move it towards right I will actuate the wire on the right.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Mad Scientist

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​CEans, CE has associated with VNIT's Aarohi - Central India's Biggest Youth Cultural Event. 😀 Head over to Aarohi's official website: AAROHI 09 - Home More to follow soon!
Just. I come out with an idea on Car Braking System. I see alot of accident due to the failure of the brakes either front or back brake. So i...
Hi!!!!!!! CEans😁 I am making a project on embbeded systems "Programable Alarm clock using AT89C2051" Rings alarm buzzer for 1 minute, then turn the alarm off. We can easily modify...
hello, i am astudent of btech 2nd year(elec & comm).i am planning to go for a summer training on embedded systems.any help provided will be appreciated. arushii
hi, i want some good project ideas for student of BE Computer & IT stream. if u have any good ideas please give me related details. Thanks.. Santosh