About chemical engineering?

I have just passed my 12th and want to do chemical engineering but almost everybody whom i meet say that chemical engineering has not much scope and it or computer is much better and that to specially for girls.being a girl i want to if will get nice and worth job in this field.please guide me.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Chemical Engineering involves the design and maintenance of chemical plants and the development of chemical processes for converting raw materials or chemicals into valuable forms including those to remove chemicals from waste materials, to enable large-scale manufacture.
    It combines knowledge of Chemistry and Engineering for the production of chemicals and related by-products. This branch of engineering is a varied field, covering areas from biotechnology and nanotechnology to mineral processing.

I know a lot of girls who opt for Chemical Engineering. Many girls who chose Chemical Engineering then are doing great work in Research and Development with Prestigious Organizations.

So Neema, if you really have the knack for Chemical Engineering, just go for it.

Don't let others opinion bother you. 😀
  • brreddy
    brreddy
    NEEMA AGARWAL
    I have just passed my 12th and want to do chemical engineering but almost everybody whom i meet say that chemical engineering has not much scope and it or computer is much better and that to specially for girls.being a girl i want to if will get nice and worth job in this field.please guide me.
    Division of engineering into different disciplines like chemical, mechanical is an old concept. Chemical engineering became prominent when petrochemical and fertilizer industries started growing and chemical engineers worked in design and operation of these plants.
    There is considerable over lapping now and in next few years many schools may offer short term cources for migration from one dicipline to other.
    So Neema ask yourself what sort of work you want to do and get into something that relates to it with confidence that you will change course if necessary.
  • darani pattu
    darani pattu
    hai neema
    iam sarath an upcoming chemical engineer.i have many knowledge about chemicals ,so it has a great scope,so rock it
  • chemengi2012
    chemengi2012
    chemical engineering doesn't have to do much with chemistry as its name may suggest..its basically abt physics and mathematics with a little bit of chemistry..
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Karen Simmons
    I would like to suggest you to not to go for chemical engineering. Because Chemicals are dangerous for a girl to deal with. Try for a better and healthier line like IT, Pharmacy, Medical, Architect, Banking. Another reason for chemical engineering not suitable for girls is that Chemical engineer works in activities related to chemical production plants like:

1) Basic engineering and detailed engineering of chemical process plants.

2) Revamping and troubleshoot existing chemical plants. New plants are not built frequently like the innovations in IT field and the chemical industry is highly conservative.
    Dear neema,
    Kindly do a bit more research in chemical engineering. Look at the syllabus and check if your heart wants it and you can easily get obsessed with it. Choose what YOU think is best for you. New innovations and chances follow. Your hardwork will pay you. Have fun with engineering.

Opinions are to be heard, not to be obeyed. Only one person can give you order, and that person is you!
  • martincrow
    martincrow
    Chemical Engineering is emerging as a new trend in the field of engineering, there are so many Indian Companies which are providing recruitment to lots of freshers,there is a lots of scope in abroad as well, you should search a reputed university to get the degree and then you can do job as a Analyst or some thing like that.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • ankur2061
    ankur2061
    Neema,

Chemical engineering is a great discipline of engineering specially if you are working as a "Process Design Engineer" and which very much suits a girl. I have several lady engineers working as "process design engineers" under my guidance and they are going places in their careers with the dedication they are putting in their jobs. To know more about "process design engineering" check out the following link:

Faq On Process Design Engineering - Cheresources.com Community

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Ankur.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    NEEMA AGARWAL
    Please read this article about a woman engineer, who made it big.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Even as far back as 1962 IIT Madras had girls in Civil and other branches traditionally considered masculine.
    I am myself a chemical engineer. In my (rather biased) opinion it is the most multidisciplinary branch. It is a tough course. Involves considerable mechanical, electrical and electronics engineering. Biochemical engineering is an upcoming area where women can do very well.

I love chemical engineering.
    Just do it!
    Bioramani
  • akshaya12
    akshaya12
    Neema,
    I am doing my chemical engineering and trust me its a great branch! you have good scope in design and research!! And you need not worry about job because there are lot of opportunities but unfortunately many don't know that. If you have the passion for it and feel that its your field then just go for it!
    All the best!

Regards,
    Akshaya
  • jaxrobinson
    jaxrobinson
    Oh i was always keen to know about chemical engineering...I wish i will get everything in time..😀
  • Syed Mosa Raza
    Syed Mosa Raza
    My dear;
    Chemical Engineering is both an art and a science. Chemical Engineers are concerned with the application of knowledge gained from basic sciences and practical experience in the development, design, operation and management of plants and processes for economical and safe conversion of raw materials to useful products.
  • Mandeep Kaur65
    Mandeep Kaur65
    me also in the same problem............ one side is interest n the other side requirement!!!
  • prashpan
    prashpan
    Neema
    Chemical engineering is not at all about Chemicals. It is more Physics and Mathematics coupled with drawing and designing. Unless you would be working as a process engineer inside a manufacturing plant that involve harmful chemicals it is not a dangerous field at all. the diversities it offers are of secondary nature. the core of chemical engineering lies in calculations and designing of equipment s that would eventually be used in a manufacturing plant.
    As far as being a girl in this field has nothing to do in this field. and believe me, if you are good in calculations etc you will have a high paying job. Many of my batch mates are today drawing high paying salaries in top petroleum companies in India. And petroleum companies are looking to have girls in their company. If your heart lies in this field , i would say go for it.
  • Zaara Sheikh
    Zaara Sheikh
    even i am in the same problem... i have never met anyone doing chemical engg...and if there are then they are working in companies of CS or IT... Is it so??? please suggest me something

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi folks, i need simple circuit for ask,psk,qpsk,fsk modulators as well as demodulators... It's very much urgent😔.please help buddies. Thanks in advance😀
Hi CEans! We all had used/experienced many operating system. I wish to know that how many OS you have experienced till now(name them) and among those which one you liked...
Found this Article By Richard M. Felder Professor of Chemical Engineering North Carolina State University Have a look... You say things aren't going quite the way you'd like this semester,...
It is very hard to say that our PC is cent percent secure. We all know that protecting our networked PCs are never ending challenge. We think that for LINUX...
Degrees offered in BITS Dubai B.E. (Hons.) Computer Science B.E. (Hons.) Electrical & Electronics B.E. (Hons.) Electronics & Communication B.E. (Hons.) Electronics & Instrumentation B.E. (Hons.) Mechanical B.E. (Hons.) Chemical...