A WEARABLE GADGET TO AID WITH THE NAVIGATION OF DEAF-BLIND PEOPLE

Project Abstract / Summary : Assistive devices are one of the most revolutionized aspects in wearable technology for electronic applications, as they contain the potential to aid people with physical and sensory disabilities to lead a better life .This project focuses on wearable assistive devices for the blind and the deaf that help them to reach their preferred destination while avoiding obstacles using a tactile feedback . An Arduino-microcontroller, few vibrators, an android device and GPS map data constitute some of the major components of the project.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : This device is used to serve as the eyes and ears of children and adults who have vision or hearing impairments, or the dual-sensory disability of deafblindness. This device helps the person to navigate as freely as a normal person.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Easwari Engineering College
City: Chennai
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian mobile manufacturer, Intex is on a launching spree this month. After unveiling Aqua X, Aqua Power HD, Aqua 5X and Aqua 3G Star this month, the company has...
Rezortify is a resort discovery portal in India. Co-founded by Nikita Mittal and Dhaval Jani in 2014, Rezortify brings its users to the best resorts at prime locations based on...
Hello guys, I plan to develop a web platform where you can ask questions related to engineering textbooks. For me, when I was in my first study year, I often...
If you are applying for a job or facing an MBA interview, chances of you facing that question in any interview scenario are quite obvious. The interviewer wants to know...
I have searched far and wide on the internet, but I haven't found a solution. I got a documentary from a friend which has hardcoded Chinese subtitles. Now even though...