A Tree House that does not even need Trees! Just right for CEans

Something tree huggers will love. As also engineers. Even the sane ones. The tentsile is an ingenious hammock kind of tent house that is an engineering achivement. Whether hanging from trees in a rain forest above marauding carnivores or sitting on a beach above reach of reasonable waves tentsile is a real cool habitat.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A tree house without trees! 😲 Ingenuity indeed.

Want to see a top view of the hammock-cum-treehouse to see what kind of structure is it inside.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    It doesn't look very stable to me.. Isn't its base too small? How strong will it hold out against wind?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    it looks similar to tensegrity structures where tall towers are held in place by just the stressed cables. This looks like a similar case where the cables supporting it will take the load and the structure will be stable. It is indeed a stable structure 😀

It is a case similar to the georgia dome where the 840 feet diameter dome has the roof of just cloth which is fully supported by cables. Check out this article to understand the concept better: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here are some interesting insights into why we yawn and why we twitch just before falling asleep. A doctor told me once that the twitch could be genetic. I tendedc...
I just Saw BSNL Tablet in One website I am really interested to buy how can i buy this tablet
Fifty years ago one Tuesday the report of the Royal School of Physicians came out on the dangers of smoking. I was a hopeless tobacco addict at that time. I...
The guys at BBC take you on a ride to see what India had hundreds of years ago. The narrator aptly begins with, "While we British were still in the...
Recently I came across the name 'BodhiDharma' who was a Buddhist monk from South India. He is traditionally credited as the transmitter of Ch'an (Sanskrit: Dhyāna, Japanese: Zen) to China,...