View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

A Issue in Ubuntu!

Hello Guys,

I am using Ubuntu 10.0.4. I am pretty much new to Linux.

I am facing a problem, whenever I start Ubuntu It is asking user id and password in the command prompt.
After entering these details , it is still in command prompt.

I tried the start --system , start --console commands. I dont know whether these exist.

I tried start --help , but I didnt understand what to type to go into system.

Any idea , please let me know.
One more question , I want a software which will help me to connect to my virtual machine.

I have a software in windows and is working fine. can you suggest some free (LEGAL) software for the same in Ubuntu.

Again , I tried but I was unable to install the software in my system.
I also face same problem once.
Hope any CEan can have any idea to fix this.
English-Scared
One more question , I want a software which will help me to connect to my virtual machine.

I have a software in windows and is working fine. can you suggest some free (LEGAL) software for the same in Ubuntu.

Again , I tried but I was unable to install the software in my system.
Have you searched in synaptic package manager.
NO , I have not checked it!

I will check it today , but the problem is my windows is dumped with lot of virus! I need to clean that first 😔

for the above mentioned issue, I have formatted the system - installed Ubuntu 9.0 then upgraded to 10.0.4!! but that reoccurred again!

so this time , I dont want to do that.
rishi0922
rishi0922 • Sep 14, 2010
may be I don't know that it's legel or not but i found this only .....

Creating Your First Virtual Machine: Ubuntu Linux (Part 2) | Packt Publishing Technical & IT Book Store

please check it out ...
rishi0922
rishi0922 • Sep 14, 2010
At the time of loading the GRUB.......is it giving any more options to load Ubuntu in different modes ?
Well i am searching about this problem, i think it's a installation problem but i am not really sure about it ....
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 14, 2010
I guess there's some problem with the install. You'll only need admin (root) username/password to login to uBuntu. Reinstallation of the OS is what I recommend - but be sure to format the partition before you install.
I have reinstalled. But the system crashed!!

I dont know why!!

Will post something If I am able to recover it today!
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 15, 2010
Strange. I've installed ubuntu so many times but without problem. Did you format the partition?
Yep!

I have formatted the partition! The installation was going fine but suddenly I dont know why but all partitions got deleted and system has nothing in it now.

I tried installed XP , but the system doesnt even boot 😀

So I have a good task to research on!!

Share this content on your social channels -