86 / 100 IIT-JEE Toppers Opt For IIT-Bombay. Why?

86 out of 100 IIT JEE toppers have opted for IIT Bombay. That's a surprisingly high ratio for the IIT preferences. I'm wondering what makes IIT-B more attractive to the students as compared to other IITs. Is it the industry association, strong alumni network and famous college fests (Mood Indigo)? Or what else?

What do you think?

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    If you've been to Mumbai, you know it's awesome 😛

Well, more seriously, I think IITB is better than its counterparts. I went to ASME's SPDC at IIT-R and lost spectacularly in the ASME student design contest to the IIT-B people. Talking later to the winners, I found they were able to source parts in Mumbai even the dudes from Delhi colleges had never heard of. I also think they were, at average, more satisfied with their lifestyle and the quality of instruction.
  • Manashree Thokal
    Manashree Thokal
    I remember being a part of discussion with my school friends about choosing the college. The friend admitted to IIT-B said, it the most preferred college, also among IIT's just because it's in Bombay!

The city has many attributes that attract the students. And also the fests being college's successful promoters, the students aim to be in such college since school.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​All the e-commerce companies like Flipkart, Snapdeal, Fashion and You, Healthkart and Yebhi are being talked about every now and then. And now it is in news that the IIT...
hi, i am a final year engineering student from delhi college of engineering, pursuing my graduation in electronics nd communication engineering. currently working as a programmer for the royal bank...
Hi Engineers I am Kartik Somani, currently working as Software Engineer at Geometric Ltd., Mumbai. I am B.Tech in computer science and engineering. Looking forward to an active participation in...
Hi.. Currently I'm working in a support based project (but the work is that of software development and customization). I want to work in the field of core computer science....
Bhumik Mehta i done with my MBA and i like to Share with you my Case Studies...