50 hz motor at 60 hz

can i run a 50 hz rated motor at 60 hz ac voltage, if not what should i do about it?

Replies

• cutiermn
    cutiermn
    u can run... but for shorter time only...... because motor speed is directly proportional to frequency 120f/p........ so motor speed increases.,,,,,,,,, it will lead for temp rise, bearing problem, that is friction and windage loss will increase........ and also motor torque also increase and the main thing core will saturate soon so power factor will go down abruptly......... if u want to use in 60 hz means u can go for VFD......
  • sangeetha
    sangeetha
    what is vfd

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First of all, I would like to thank you all for showing me a path to pursue my master degree😀.. I have decided to step into the field of nanotechnology.....
hi, i am doing b.e in mechanical engineering and want to do a major project of making instrument which display digitaly amount of fuel enter in our automobileswhen we fill...
Hi evryone, I've got 2 issues with me... 1)I've got a laptop(Compaq ct 786tu) with core 2 duo processor wid 1.833mhz and 2gb ram. Its compatible with windows vista but...
😎 hello, this is spriya... studing as electronics engg.
I am looking for topics for PPT - in mechanical, electrical, electronics, communication and IT fields. Can someone suggest a few topics that are latest and innovative, please?