Your Experience With First Time Managers?

Employee promotions are an integral part of the corporate hierarchy. When an employee spends considerable time at one position and acquires necessary skills -he/she is promoted to the next higher level. But this system has its downsides as well.

When engineers get promoted to 'management' position (say project manager) they develop a new sense of authority that they have to 'control' the juniors. They are also exposed to the real-life challenges where no ready-made answers are available and 'people management' is one of the toughest things in this world.

So do first time managers fail in handling their responsibilities? Share your experience of working with the first time managers and if you have any suggestions for them, you can post them here. I'm sure many first time managers would be reading this thread.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google has silently launched a new website called wdyl.com. Check out our in-depth coverage on VoiCE. Do try the service and share your interesting finds with us. WDYL.com By Google...
The popularity and adoption of ebook readers like Amazon Kindle has almost doubled in the US and it is more than the tablets. This is surely surprizing. TechCrunch mentions -...
I want to do engineering in Mechatronics branch but it is available in very less colleges in India. In Jaipur it is only available in Gyan Vihar University which is...
i am learning catia software, i also want to another software but can't decide between ansys and unigraphix. Please help me make the choice. The applications of both the softwares...
hey friends i just started a project on designing and analysis of shell and tube type tubular heat exchanger and need a help on that what type of data i...