CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Chethan Naidu • 09 May, 2011
I got a year-back, and so my engineering went up to 5yrs, does that mean, i can't write GATE?
@bhagya.diva • 09 May, 2011 hello chetan. if atall u wanna give the gate exam den atleast u shud meet the eligibility criteria. but if u wanna gain experience about how the questions are set n the type of questions then u can apply for it,i guess. secondly,if u apply for the gate exam the year before the year u finally complete ur btech (or year back) den,if u perform well in the eaxam den m sure u dont have to lose ne more tym. u can be selected directly either for mtech or any gud job. So hope for the best. But u need 2 first clear ur year back. All the best. 😀
@Chethan Naidu • 09 May, 2011
bhagya.diva
hello chetan. if atall u wanna give the gate exam den atleast u shud meet the eligibility criteria. but if u wanna gain experience about how the questions are set n the type of questions then u can apply for it,i guess. secondly,if u apply for the gate exam the year before the year u finally complete ur btech (or year back) den,if u perform well in the eaxam den m sure u dont have to lose ne more tym. u can be selected directly either for mtech or any gud job. So hope for the best. But u need 2 first clear ur year back. All the best. 😀
thanks for your feedback, my aggregate at the moment is above 70% which isn't a problem, my doubt was, can an engineering graduate, who's taken 5yrs to complete his/her course be eligible to sit for GATE ?
@bhagya.diva • 09 May, 2011 candidates eligible for the GATE Exam are: Candidates in the second or higher year of the four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of the five-year Integrated Master’s degree programmes and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology. Currently, these students they can qualify for PG scholarships only in their own Institutions. They are not eligible for admission in a fresh ME/ M.Tech. Programme.. So this z d criteria.
@Harshad Italiya • 10 May, 2011 I don't think there is any rule that year back person can not give GATE. But please check the new rules if there are any.
@Saandeep Sreerambatla • 10 May, 2011 You can apply!
@Siddu_gupta • 22 Feb, 2017
7.1k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 27, 2014

Since many of you requested for the questions asked in the Rapid Fire Quiz. Here we go - (Question): This formula represents (A): Newton's First Law of Motion (B): Newton's...
7.3k views

@aswinselva03 · Jan 24, 2012

can anyone say the difference between gain, efficiency and transfer function! with correct definitions?
5.3k views

@zaveri · Dec 6, 2012

Well the title says it all. the working states of such a device, is that first when there is normal power supply, the lamp does not work, but the battery...
6.4k views

@wolverene · May 28, 2009

hello every one in CE. so glad to join this. proud to say that we are engineers.... i need a good topic to start a mini project in C++. hope...
3.4k views