CrazyEngineers
  • Yamaha Motors recently launched its R 15 model in India. If anyone here owns the machine or has something to say about it, please post it here! 😁

Find out more about the motorcycle here -

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • just2rock

MemberJun 20, 2008

Surely...biggie...i have some knowhow...well Yamaha R15 is a 150 c.c superbike..first of its kind in that segment,for APAC region,has oil colled engine ,with 0-60 k.m /6sec,6gear transmission and will be priced around a 1 lack in INDIA.
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJun 20, 2008

Thanks for the info, J2R! I guess bikes that are 500cc+ are labeled as superbikes (correct me if I'm wrong). How is this R15 different from other motorcycles in the similar CC category [viz. Pulsar 180, 220 etc.]

What's the deal with oil cooled engine?

[I'm a total newbie when it comes to motorcycles!]
    Cancel
  • gohm

MemberJun 20, 2008

Yeah, definately not a superbike (in size or speed), however a cool little streetbike of the yzf family. An oil cooled engine is really an air cooled engine where they usually install a cooling fan on the oil cooler where most regular air cooled engines have no oil cooler fan. Looks cool, though I think I would go with the ninja 250 if I was looking for a small displacement sporty bike, assuming it is available in your market of course.
    Cancel
  • raj87verma88

MemberJun 20, 2008

The_Big_K
    Thanks for the info, J2R! I guess bikes that are 500cc+ are labeled as superbikes (correct me if I'm wrong).
    I don't think so. If this is the case then my 535 cc Royal Enfield is also a superbike.
    I believe superbikes are bikes with a mind blowing performance. The light weight of such motorcycles mean that 200 hp will take you to 100kmph in around 3 sec. The high performance demands superior control on the part of the rider. And yes these bikes command respect. I think a bike with a 400 cc engine with very high performance will come under the category of superbike. Just like the Ariel Atom comes in the category of Super Cars.
    Cancel
  • mechdonz

MemberJun 20, 2008

does any knows its bhp??
    Cancel
  • hemanthjava

MemberJul 21, 2008

I found a great resource for

#-Link-Snipped-#

After seeing that I decided to take a test drive here in India and it is perfect machine. Only thing is that the tires are too small
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJul 21, 2008

hemanthjava
    I found a great resource for

#-Link-Snipped-#

After seeing that I decided to take a test drive here in India and it is perfect machine. Only thing is that the tires are too small
    I've seen the bike and I think the back tyre is just too thin. The looks are stunning, no doubt [​IMG] !
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register