Yahoo copies what it doesn't like about Google

Few days ago, Yahoo's advertising team published #-Link-Snipped-# of presenting users with a simple search page that does not talk back to you. While I personally think that a plain search page with focus on just the main functionality is a great idea, I do think Yahoo has a point. Yahoo does save users some time in searching for the other information (news, stock, sports, mail) by offering it on the front page itself.I however stumbled upon https://search.yahoo.com and was surprised. Yahoo has its own search page that is surely inspired by Google. Look -#-Link-Snipped-#Except the positioning of the logo & colors, everything looks like Google. Even the positioning of the links above the search box is similar to what Google does: Web, Images, Video etc.Yahoo offers its own version of suggestions for keywords entered; but its still not as mature as Google's. For example, when I enter "CrazyEngineers" in both search engines, Google offers following suggestions -
    [*]CrazyEngineers.com[*]CrazyEngineerse forum[*]CrazyEngineers project
...which are few of the search terms most of the people search on Google. Yahoo on the other hand refuses to offer any suggestion. Considering the fact that Yahoo's spiders heavily crawl CrazyEngineers' pages, the quality of the suggestions offered isn't up to the mark.What do you think about Yahoo search?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, We are happy to review Mr. Ajay Mohan Jain's debu novel, "Nothing Can Be As Crazy" about the curious ways of life in urban middle-class. The novel has figured...
CEan Prasad Ajinkya is joining CrazyEngineers VoiCE team as associate blogger. Prasad has been with CE for long time now and has been an exceptional contributor. You can read all...
Toyota's first retail hydrogen model, Toyota FCHV-adv is set to make a debut in 2015. Toyota is world's leading hybrid car maker and has been successful in bringing down the...
Editor's Note: This is a guest article contributed by Mr. Sameer Agrawal, Creative Director at MarTeck Consulting. In the realm of technology businesses, there are 2 types of sales that...
Cognizant has bought 18 year old global program management consulting firm, PIPC. Detailed News in CE's InFocus section.