Xps m1330 cd drive

sigh!

When I insert a DVD/CD in my inbuilt drive, it just spilts it out! 😔. The same Disk works awesome in my roomie's computer.

I tried to download drivers but no use. Did not get an opportunity call the call centre did any one else face such issue with your computer drives especially DELL?😕

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    is this the case with all disks or just some select ones??
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    for now only CD DRIVE. My friend too has same piece and he seems to be having same issue as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    $0.02 -

If its for only one CD - there's some problem with the CD, not the Drive. Look for the scratches.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    durga
    for now only CD DRIVE. My friend too has same piece and he seems to be having same issue as well.

I meant is this the case with only some CDs/DVDs or all the disks that you put in your drive??
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    every disk.
    I wnated to burn a *.iso file then realized that my drive was just spitting out the disk, so i tired to put in a movie DVD( a genuine one) even it was thrown out , then i used same disks on my friends HP laptop, they just worked fine.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    do you have a desktop?? if you do, you could try changing the data cable (provided you don't have any labels on the chassis that prevent you from opening the CPU) or the power cable of the drive..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    no dear! I don't have a desktop except for my office computer.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    yeah, sorry about that, i just checked the model number..is there anything on the lens?? have you tried one of those small CDs, ones that have 20 MB or so space??
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I don't have those tiny DVDs. It's not like i use my DVD drive all the time its only for live CD and stuff, I am wondering is there any chance of LINUX drivers beinf installed after VISTA might have had any effect? i am really not sure if that will happen but just a thought.

Ah! I forgot .. last time the service guy from DELL I think I still have his number , I might get mine hardware check up tomorrow , I just cant imagine anything wrong with my DELL 😔.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    SIGH!!

cd drive alone 212$
    technician 200$
    ---------------
    total 412$
    ---------------

1 year warranty = 400$

-------------------------
    800$
    -------------------------
    (or)
    combo offer where I can opt all three for 700$

*sigh*
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What a rip off. If you really need to get a new dell drive, you should look one from ebay.

Try to borrow a friend's drive that can fit in the laptop drive bay to see if its actually the drive that is the issue or a software related issue.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    it is a rip off. As soon as I mentioned that I would get a external drive ( Its around99$), they came down to 600$ including 1 year warranty.
    and know what, the support suggested i should change my dirve after asking me to do below steps( over phone):
    > press F12
    > insert OS CD which was given by DELL

when i said NO CDs are played, I was immediately suggested to replace the drive .I am planning to borrow the external drive from my friend and see how it goes.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    When did you last format your system? I had a problem once, my cd/dvd drive was detecting the cd/dvd as empty, when they had some content. After format they worked just fine. I think your vista drivers might have corrupted, after long use, most probably or there is some issue with your hardware, but that's less frequent unless you bumped your system somewhere.
    I don't think, thats the result of linux installation.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    😀

I have finally decided to
    > borrow my friend's external drive
    > check if that working with my Lappy
    > format my Lappy
    > recheck if inbuilt drive is working

If still no,
    then I might opt for external drive
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, might as well stick to the external drive. You won't be using it much anyway, so you don't always have to carry it around with you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey the following c code executes properly except case 4.This is the code for polynomial operations using linked list.So can anyone tell me my mistake😔 #include #include #include #include int...
click to view Computer Ads but Old age by Mahesh Dahale
study in abroad Forms section where Student [FONT="]Study[/FONT] at a Foreign Institution give some information about their university programs and where in this section[FONT="][/FONT] will help CEans become familiar with...
How to simulate an Pick and Place Robot in pro-e..... is there an option to simulate by giving the value of degress of freedom.
CEans, Any Bank of India customers here - please read this carefully! I'm suspecting a phishing scam being run online. I received following email that looks very authentic! But it...