XBOX 720 (Durango) Announcement In April

Sony's set a fairly high bar on the console gaming and as we learn, Microsoft's busy giving finishing touches to the XBOX next, call it XBOX 720 or Durango or whatever. The latest leaks, a new domain name registration reveal that Microsoft's Steve Ballmer will formally announce the next version of XBOX at an event scheduled in April this year.

The timing makes a perfect sense and we'd expect Microsoft to reveal the specs, a few launch titles and of course a few exclusive xbox titles to steal the show. I'm not sure if the xbox will beat Sony in terms of specs; but it'd be an interesting event for the entire gaming industry.

What do you think? Will Xbox steal the show from PS4?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I think you have ignored my earlier posts.
    The 720 specs have been released many weeks ago & I have already posted it. ๐Ÿ˜›

Check it out : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    I think you have ignored my earlier posts.
    The 720 specs have been released many weeks ago & I have already posted it. ๐Ÿ˜›

Check it out : #-Link-Snipped-#
    I read that but wouldn't trust unless Microsoft announces it officially. Are the specs at par with PS4?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    I read that but wouldn't trust unless Microsoft announces it officially.
    Well we should never underestimate Microsoft.
    If there's anyone in this industry who has capability to kill Sony then it's Microsoft.

Microsoft has innumerable titles which is the reason why most gamers prefer XBOX over PS4.
    XBOX360 is easily hackable,So buy Xbox console - crack the console by installing Third party firmware.
    Use torrents to download Xbox games, burn it & play.
    Cheap,Easy & Fun !
    So, sales of XBOX was always more than PS3.

Now, In the other hand PS3's games are not possible to crack.
    Some developers successfully cracked it, but Sony released firmware patch & fixed it in with a month.

Now, that was all about past i.e. PS3 & XBOX 360 era !
    But, recently Sony announced that old games of PlayStation & even PS3 games won't work in PS4, now this move by Sony is gonna hurt 'em badly.

Microsoft doesn't really care of their cracked consoles.The thing is, XBOX will be sold no matter what!
    The gamers who love playing online won't crack their console (& hence Microsoft will be earning dimes from LIVE), while others will crack it & enjoy it for free.

I think that even though hardware config of XBOX won't be as good as PS4, Xbox will capture the entire market.

More to discuss ....... Let's see how much response we get in this thread & will continue discussion as per that ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not underestimating Microsoft. When it came to hardware, Sony's had an upper hand until now and I'm only interested in knowing whether the trend continues with PS4. It could ultimately be the exclusive titles that decide which console users prefer. I opted for PS3 because of the damned 'Metal Gear Solid' and 'God of War' ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ‘

I don't expect much response from CEans. Looks like we don't have many gaming enthusiasts ๐Ÿ˜€ . But I'm interested in what you've to share. Bring it on!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: PS3 and XBOX sales globally seem to be head to head. This post by TheVerge (December 2012) says that 70 million sales globally is the figure matched by both consoles: PS3 neck and neck with Xbox 360 at 70 million consoles sold worldwide - The Verge . ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    The_Big_K
    Update: PS3 and XBOX sales globally seem to be head to head. This post by TheVerge (December 2012) says that 70 million sales globally is the figure matched by both consoles: PS3 neck and neck with Xbox 360 at 70 million consoles sold worldwide - The Verge . ๐Ÿ˜จ
    Do you really believe this ? I mean it's 4th branch !

Screenshot from 2013-02-24 19:02:21

Assume that you & I have a company with a product in market.We're rivals.
    Now, your sells are lesser than mine, so when you are about to launch another product, you announce that your company sold this many unit of product, just to show that your product didn't failed badly against mine.
    That's just a strategy.

I remember that, There was once a poll in a gaming-website(very reputed) where XBOX won by huge margin.And in comments almost all users said that almost each one of 'em owe Xbox & some owes both 360 & PS3.
    Mathematically, From every 15 console gamers, 5 were PS3 users (who had Xbox too) rest were Xbox fanboys.

Well, I have noticed that Xbox remained freaking hot console untill new game's performance peaked in PC than consoles(PC graphics were lot better than consoles & so gamers being bored of Xbox moved to PS3 for change & their sell increased a bit), that was the time when console gamers needed an upgrade.

By the way, what you think?
    I am eager to know your view ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, I'd believe it. Companies do lie about their sales; but I'd not expect that from Sony or Microsoft. That's because being public companies, they have to reveal the numbers. Both Sony and MS have biggest game development studios committed to providing exclusive games on the platforms. PS2 remained the biggest selling console of all times and I know several people who own PS2. But PS2 doesn't count, I guess.

Plus, I'm not playing fanboy. I've not played XBOX; but if I were to buy a console in future, it'd certainly be PS4.

PCs will continue to beat consoles in terms of raw hardware performance; because you can upgrade hardware. However, with consoles, you're bound to the same hardware for several years. That makes a huge difference. But looking at PS4, I think they've done a fantastic job. PS4 should remain in market at least for 5-6 years.

I'm not sure whether these versions of the consoles are 'end versions' and whether consoles have reached End of Life. There are people who say mobile and tablet based gaming will kill consoles; but ask any 'gamer' and they'll say consoles will live long!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My belief is that the language of the business is the main language of communications. Indians started working for European and American companies and adopted English as a language of...
hey guys can u guys plz.... tell me what are the new researches over electrical and electronic engineering fields????
Can anyone explain the steps of Pre-launch (DriveTesting) / Post-launch (KPIperformance) optimizationin in 2G and 3G networks?
PS: Sorry for this comic being here on Sunday instead of the usual Wednesday. The new job (yes, advertising after Chemical engineering - let's not even get there!) is quite...
In the kitchen, I'm just as confused as you'd be in the cockpit of Airbus A380. But today, I decided to break the glass and create a special dish called...