Would You Use A Dedicated Application For E-Mail ?

Few months ago, Yorba developers after watching the fame they got due to #-Link-Snipped-# decided to crowdfund for the dedicated mail application, Geary. Unfortunately, it failed to achieve the target.

While, I believe that, if you have browser, why would you need an application for E-mail application. However, there were many other features like Cloud sync, saving of mails in a storage, offline viewing,etc would been added in the application, but still the fundraising failed.

My question is, would anyone of you will use a dedicated application for the e-mail purpose which includes some features like Cloud sync, mail storage, offline email access, email notification pop-up,etc ,etc ??
Share your opinion.

Replies

• mail154
    mail154
    I Would Not Use for sure..I Hate Those things Completely and whenever i was on a download site and found some application like that, i always ask a question myself "Why People Use That?" while Mail is as simple as nothing with a simple browser.. :-_ 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I use a dedicated mail application called Sparrow: Sparrow - The Best Email Client For Mac: Review . I've been using dedicated email clients ever since I've been introduced to professional email. First it was Outlook and then there was 'Incredimail' and now I've been using Sparrow for several months now.

A dedicated email app has its own importance and anyone who uses professional email should have an IMAP enabled email client - even on phone.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    When you think e-mail, most of you folks out there think it's just lots of advertisements and Facebook or other social media notifications. Well it's not!

In the corporate world your e-mail is everything. It can build you and it can also break you apart if you have messed with the wrong e-mail of a client. Recently I had opened a thread asking for help:

- This is one of the most common and highly troublesome environments that you can fall into. Note that the above question could not be answered as well as the only solution available would be to hack into the client's e-mail address (which is unethical).

Verdict: We need all the fund and development in this field as it's the corporate neck of any company. Without the neck, the head can't function in sync with the body or with anybody else as well (figuratively speaking).

Kaustubh Katdare
    I use a dedicated mail application called Sparrow: Sparrow - The Best Email Client For Mac: Review . I've been using dedicated email clients ever since I've been introduced to professional email. First it was Outlook and then there was 'Incredimail' and now I've been using Sparrow for several months now.

A dedicated email app has its own importance and anyone who uses professional email should have an IMAP enabled email client - even on phone.

The only professional e-mail service I've used is Outlook and I must say that it felt complex at first but is quite easy and functional all the time. However, in larger companies I've heard that they often recruit one engineer who is responsible for managing just the Outlook accounts of all the company employees. 😘
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    So, outlook & sparrow seems to be dominating the Windows & Mac clients respectively.
    What features that they have,would you please spell it here.
    I wanna cross-check the features with Opensource email client Geary .

BTW would you ever donate/support a developer team by funding,If they develop the email dedicated client of the features that you want in it ? Fundraising in softwares does work?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I know few small companies who use Thunderbird as email client, but It's now dropped by Mozilla.

No doubt outlook has N numbers of features and preferred by corporates.

Fundraising in softwares does work?
    Yes it does work, popular developers on XDA got sufficient amount of donation to support new ROMs, However I only donated to Wikipedia till date👀 .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Even Sparrow's development has been abandoned after its acquisition by Google a few months ago. There's a new email client on the roads now - called AirMail App for OSX. I hope it reaches to the sophistication of the Sparrow so that I can switch over asap.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently, among the top sprinters of the world,Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell were found 'positive' in dope-test. There's many controversial debate already been going since last one decade watching that...
An Intel Developer, Sarah Sharp wrote her first message in the mailing list pointing on Linus Torvalds to stop using foul language. THIS IS WORTH A READ ! Sarah's mail-list...
Hello fellow CEans..!! 😁 I am Mehak Rajkhokar, it's really great to be here... an excellent place for all the Engineers.. I am about to join an IT company in...
We know that Biogas is pollution-free gas which is still being used in rural areas for cooking & other household activities. The CNGs & LPGs are used for in Vehicles,...
Is it possible to get a power from friction?