Would You Be Interested In Learning Basics Of Finance & Stock Market Investing?

CEans,

Finance is an important topic and unfortunately, not many engineers are aware of it. I wish to know how many CEans would be interested in learning the basics of finance and stock market investing through experts?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    CEans,

Finance is an important topic and unfortunately, not many engineers are aware of it. I wish to know how many CEans would be interested in learning the basics of finance and stock market investing through experts?
    I was in stock market when i was in 2nd and 3rd year but now a days stopped it. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Whats In Name
    Whats In Name
    I am interested to learn about finance,as I am not much familiar about these topics and their knowledge is requisite.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Yes. I would like to study about Financial Engineering, starting from the basics and in as simple words as possible.
    Knowledge about managing our funds, what's happening in the stock market and basics of investments would be really helpful in the long run.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yes i would like to learn about finance and stock markets. ๐Ÿ˜€ i made many attempts to learn it myself. but they were useless. ๐Ÿ˜ guess we need experts to really teach you. i would like to learn it.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hello Biggie, are you planning something?

I am currently trying to learn basics of stock markets from my uncle but I would really love to have some expert on CE who can give us some formal knowledge. ๐Ÿ˜€

My opinion: I want to learn from experts.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I'm very much interested in learning about finance and stock markets..

If such a feature is about to be brought in, I'm all in for it.. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, we are soon going to announce a special course for CEans which will focus on these topics. Stay tuned for the announcement. The best part of the course is that you can attend it from your home as it will be delivered online by experts in the field.

Kidakaka - if you're on this page, please give us a brief about the course ๐Ÿ˜€
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Is it also the same as Financial accounting???๐Ÿ˜‰
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Yes. I am intrested . We may be the engineers , but we should have basic knowledge in every field.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Sure Biggie,

The Basics of Stock Market course is intended for people who are interested in the stock markets, but do not know of any definitive methodology.

The course starts from the basics, and introduces the candidate to the different terms of the stock markets. Then the candidate is taught about technical indicators (put-call ratio, relative strength index, breakout charts).

Once the candidate is able to understand the fundamentals, then the course aims at helping him identify profit opportunities (in short time frame), exploiting them via different strategies and how to assess and evaluate the different approaches taken.

The entire course is structured in such a fashion that any one who is intelligent (engineers :-D) and has an aptitude for numbers can be able to identify the right stocks and invest properly.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Will the course be in the form of articles or some kind of webinar like thing? In other words, is the course text based of video based??
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Good idea by you Kidakaka ๐Ÿ˜€ . I am in. I duplicate SS's question. What will be the format of course? Video? or will it be an interactive session on Forum?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am IN!

I used to invest in market in shares and I dont have any clue why my friend suggest me that!

Now I stopped investing after incurring loss ๐Ÿ˜€

So, let us know all about the course..

Timing, is it recorded such that people like me revise ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    yeah. i am in. i would surely like to learn the basics.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    yeah cool! ๐Ÿ˜ i can't wait for it to start ๐Ÿ˜
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    Yes., I'm much interested .
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Any update??
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well we are waiting for a whole new section/course dedicated for finance.

Besides why to wait for a good thing to start? ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›

Here s a set of questions I found risky. Anyone can give answers? ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Am I choosing the right mutual fund?

2.In case I employ some other person, will the fund manager invest in the right stocks?

3.Should I invest lump sum or through Systematic Investment Plans?

4. How to know if the fund manager taking more risk than necessary?

5.Has the fund invested in line with its mandate and provided returns across bull and bear markets?

6.Is the performance of the fund a 'flash in the pan' or a consistent result of a process?
  • hasmukhlalchheda
    hasmukhlalchheda
    Hi guys, I just want to share my experience about investing in stock market. Initially when I started investing, I also had similar type of questions in my mind and I was also a bit skeptical about hiring a fund manager due to trust issues. So I gathered knowledge by reading news and articles about stock market on internet and started investing. But all the investments made were not so fruitful, some even lead to losses. Then my uncle suggested me to consult a funds' manager but still I was not sure with that idea. Then he explained me that, its true that there are many funds manager who are unprofessional in this field and invest your money without much research and risk calculation; they are just concerned in earning their own money out of it. But there also are some reputed stock broking firms which are performing very well in this field since a decade and the team of experts they have are also highly qualified. The experts evaluate each individual profile carefully taking in consideration his/her financial goal and risk appetite and according suggest the best investment plan. They also guide their customers in their investment process so as to make them thoroughly understand how, where and why their money is invested. I would also suggest u guys to make the right choice of selecting the best broking firm that will honestly guide you in your learning as well as investing process in financial market. I consult for all my financial needs and am finding their services pretty good and beneficial.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While flash drives are fast replacing the CDs and DVDs as the storage devices for files, movies and songs, the blu-ray is making silent entry in the Hi-Definition world. If...
Hello friends..... i got an project idea, in which i have to transmit the AV signals within the the range of 25-30 feet region. The Tx module has AV input...
need to construct (at least a concept) a set-up equipment for investigation of abrasive blasting parameters, namely impact angle and the impact distance (from the tip of nozzle to workpiece)....
Hi Guys, Recently I have been thinking about the origin of the sound that we hear when we close our ears with fingers. Could it be the flow of blood...
This 8085 Online Simulator is simple and easy to work with. Here: 8085 Online Assembler and Simulator Here's what you need to do: Enter the code as shown in the...