Would we all have to speak Chinese in near future?

My belief is that the language of the business is the main language of communications. Indians started working for European and American companies and adopted English as a language of communication over their own languages. English is now considered to be the default language for business.

But that might just change in near future as China takes over and gains major control of the business world. They're growing very fast and they don't speak English. Not knowing English has never become a hurdle in their progress in business.

I see majority of the companies in manufacturing sector now collaborate with China and the engagement is growing continuously. The Chinese will come and will bring Chinese language with them.

I think very soon, we'll have 'Chinese' as a language in our textbooks. What do you think?

Replies

• Divya Nair
    Divya Nair
    yaa. I also think so sir. But more than the language it's the country power ruling others.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    divya nair
    yaa. I also think so sir. But more than the language it's the country power ruling others.
    Agreed. And if we look at the history, the countries with a bigger say in the world trade has set the trends. We're on the brink of seeing Asian countries emerge and China is leading. Chinese people don't speak English and I've observed that they don't care that they don't speak English. They don't even make an effort to learn the language. Biggest business deals are done through translators during business meetings. It's amazing.

Chinese are already entering India in big way and as they become our 'employers', they'll have the power to decide which language their employees should communicate in.

I bet Indians will soon be learning Chinese.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    It's too early to conclude that "Indians gonna learn Chinese soon".
    Maybe, We will make those midgets talk in Gujarati 😉

PS : I spelled "Gujarati"& not "Hindi" because of certain reasons which I better keep 😯
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Troll_So_Hard
    Maybe, We will make those midgets talk in Gujarati 😉

PS : I spelled "Gujarati"& not "Hindi" because of certain reasons which I better keep 😯
    You bet? If the Chinese wanted to learn English; they'd have learned it by now. They don't because they know they control the 'business' and that means they'll control the language.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys can u guys plz.... tell me what are the new researches over electrical and electronic engineering fields????
Can anyone explain the steps of Pre-launch (DriveTesting) / Post-launch (KPIperformance) optimizationin in 2G and 3G networks?
PS: Sorry for this comic being here on Sunday instead of the usual Wednesday. The new job (yes, advertising after Chemical engineering - let's not even get there!) is quite...
In the kitchen, I'm just as confused as you'd be in the cockpit of Airbus A380. But today, I decided to break the glass and create a special dish called...
what happens inside the battery while charging it and while discharging(that is while using it)? how the eletrode plates position and eletrolyte in battery will be it is completely discharged...