World's first 3D printed car

Stratasys and Winnipeg engineering group, Kor Ecologic are working on one of the world's most fuel-efficient and eco-friendly vehicles. Code-named" Urbee" .
It is the first car ever to have its entire body 3D printed by additive manufacturing processes. The electric / liquid-fuel hybrid reaches more than 200 mpg, highway and 100 mpg, city in U.S. gallons with either gasoline or ethanol (250 mpg highway /125 mpg city, Imperial gallons).
The car can be charged overnight for just pennies from any standard home electrical outlet. Alternately, it can be charged by renewable energy from a windmill or a solar-panel array small enough to fit on top a single-car garage.

Replies

• Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Hm nice information sus for all the crazy car lovers.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Sushant, can we have a look at it, I mean, can we get some pictures?
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    ya sure....i have only one pic of it...

[​IMG]
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    Nice one !!
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Whats its cost?????
    Hey, its so sweet, I wanna buy one!
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    @AJ No no you have to wait for the next model.
    I am vary crazy about cars and this one is for me.

Hahaha...
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Dude, I ordered it first!!:twisted:
  • Bunty Kumar
    Bunty Kumar
    hello sir can u Explain that why we use Functions in c++????????????????????
  • Reya
    Reya
    @BuntyKumar:You are supposed to post this question in Computer Science section!Dont you think what you have asked is not relevant to the topic?
  • Reya
    Reya
    @sushant:Superb car!I want to drive it!
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Please clear the term "3D printed" car for me........

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, Here's a quick guide on setting up BSNL 3G Data Card in uBuntu 10.10 - 1. The Easy Way - Plug -in your data card into your laptop's...
Oops!!!! I just entered in PSG Tech and at present i am doing 2nd Year B.E Mechanical Engineering As the Well know part i feel myself lucky to be a...
Most probably Obama(US president) will visit INDIA on 6th of November. And it is expected that Nasscom will raise the outsourcing issues and will discuss on it as anti-outsourcing measures...
My dear friends Happy Diwali to all! Some of you may have noted my absence. This is due to the fact that I have been traveling overseas for a few...
Even after official confirmation from TRAI minister A Raja, the MNP has not seen a ray of hope in India. In a recent meeting between the GSM operators and the...