working of opto isolator

Hi,

I studied that a combination of an LED and a photo detector in two separate circuits could be used as an opto isolator where the light emitted by an LED could be used as excitation source to the circuit containing photodetector.

My question is that can the circuit containing the photodetector could be any electrical circuit or it necessarily has to be a circuit containing only one resistor and a voltage source?

Basically I want to know the applicability of the opto-isolator circuit. Does this circuit represent a family of circuits or it can be any particular circuit that we need to mug-up?

regards,
Proffy

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am working on a problem wherein I need to Group similar strings in an Array. i.e If my String array is say "AXPZ","BXT","PZXA","XAZP","XBT","TBX","ABCD" then I would group AXPZ,PZXA...
Internet hackers group Anonymous has finally landed in India. Here is an interesting chat of a reporter with the group. https://nh7.in/indiecision/2012/05/26/nh7-chat-anonymous/ Now the issue is, do we really need them...
Has anyone here have any experience on PCB Design Fab Assembly start up? May I know how did it go? What are the considerations? What are the challenges involved?
Google plans to warn more than half a million users of a computer infection that may knock their computers off the Internet this summer. Hackers have infected a network of...
Name:gwendollen *Engineering Trade:ECE Location:ANDHRA PRADESH *Occupation: i am a B-Tech final year student *Hobbies & Interests: surfing the net,reading detective and adventourous stories and playing chess