WordPress.com blog - Need quick help

Hey there !

I'm working on a WordPress.com blog and here's the problem :

I'm using default Twenty Fourteen Theme and unable to change the main content width. The main content width is just occupying a part of the screen, I want to occupy more space but unable to do so.

Also, I tried with CSS, but it's a pro feature so can't really use it.

If anyone can help regarding this without me going into pro-feature , please help !

PS : It's a little urgent.

Thanks in advance ! 😁

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Any other descent looking theme would also do...

If not possible to resize the main content width please suggest a free descent theme 😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Please provide web page link
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Manish Goyal
    Please provide web page link
    #-Link-Snipped-#

No post added, I was viewing the post in preview mode.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Please add some post, so i can try
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Manish Goyal
    Please add some post, so i can try
    Ok, adding a test post..

But I can't really edit the CSS (as it's a pro feature)
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    you can't edit any file?
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Done !

Added a test post.

Please let me know if it can be done..

Else any good free theme.

Thanks 😀
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Manish Goyal
    you can't edit any file?
    Just can't edit the CSS, and some other stuff as WordPress.com offers it as a paid feature.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can you add extra css? If yes, we can think about something. You don't have to make changes to the default CSS; just overwrite the existing values.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can you add extra css? If yes, we can think about something. You don't have to make changes to the default CSS; just overwrite the existing values.
    That's the main problem, I'm even unable to have my own style sheet , all they want is their upgrade to be purchased.

That's really sad. If they even allowed an extra style sheet, I've recover from this problem myself.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    ok there is a div with class entry-content inside web page, just add following inline style : style="max-width: 100%;" to it, your post will start taking complete space

It will look this thenscreenshot
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I know but unable to change the CSS, even overriding CSS can't be done without upgrade.

That's really annoying.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    So, at last finally got a theme which had option to widen the content area !
  • lal
    lal
    I'd suggest you get some server space rather than using the wordpress' free service if you want to tweak a lot with the looks and the way it works! Well, there are a bunch of free hosting services. Cannot really say they are all top class. Still, to learn or for basic things, it is enough. Most free hosting services have a slow responding network though.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    lal
    I'd suggest you get some server space rather than using the wordpress' free service if you want to tweak a lot with the looks and the way it works! Well, there are a bunch of free hosting services. Cannot really say they are all top class. Still, to learn or for basic things, it is enough. Most free hosting services have a slow responding network though.
    I have a hosting already, and have a WordPress.org installation, I wanted to have a WordPress.com one too.. 😛
  • lal
    lal
    wordpress.com, lot less flexibility there.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    lal
    wordpress.com, lot less flexibility there.
    Yeah, seen that.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Harshad Italiya submitted a new project: USBtoSerial Converter - Low cost USB to Serial Converter ​USB to Serial is a low cost, easy to use and multipurpose device. Now a...
I have seen there are some simulator available for basic Electronics devices like Pspice, Proteus, Circuit Lab. They are providing simulations for the basic electronics parts like Controller, Resistor, Diodes,...
I want to make final yr projct.My colge want me to make projct that has new concpts and on d odr hand dey dont accpt websites.I em cnfsd nw abt...
Hello CrazyEngineers. Name: Akhilesh Garud Engineering Trade: Electrical and Power Engineering College: S.R.C.O.E.M (Nagpur) Occupation: Student(in 3rd year right now) Hobbies & Interests: Watching Football,movies,reading(a little). I love to play...
Here is an interesting contest for wheels enthusiasts. India is included in entry rules. Quote: In the Wheels Contest, we want to see what YOU can make with wheels -...