Wish to get in IITm for MS - I have 3+ years work experience

Hi Everybody,
Hope you are all fine, i m a 2006 passed out computer science engineering student from anna university chennai.since then i hv around 3+ years of real time work experience in a MNC in chennai, i did a recent self assesment and understood that i need to enhance my thirst of skills by working with good academicians around,i also prefered IIT madras since we arent knowing the value since its near us.my friends in US and UK doing higher studies in MS clearly say me how respected these universities are.also, i heard that there is a option where a work experienced person,ideally 2+ years person can apply for IIT in MS and will b called directlyfor a interview,without the GATE scores. can any comment on this please. based on this i have to quit my company and join the college if i get or i need to take GATE seriosly quitting my job again.also my job is really stressful hardly get anytime for myself. so i thought this is a high time i need to give a break and do somethign that still adds up value.plz comment. i would love to hear from you all. thanks in advance sorry bothering much here again.
PS: My area of intrest and passion is information security and netowrks.

thanks

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    If its your passion and you are interested in doing , then go ahead!!!

All the best!
  • whizzy
    whizzy
    yea rite. thanks for it. but i would like to know if i can get into IIT MS without having a Gate score but having 3+ years work experience... plz let me know.thakns
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Whizzy, if you are determined you can quit your job and give GATE a go. However, I'd strongly recommend that you should consider talking to your manager and see how it can be worked out. You should also consider options like moving to other project (with lesser work loads etc.)

3+ years of experience is good to get a job again.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Which is better Gate or Cat?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    sarveshgupta
    Which is better Gate or Cat?

The answer is dependent on one's interest!!

If I am interested in Research I will opt for GATE!!

IF I am interested in MBA I will opt for CAT.

Which is better depends on personal Interest!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: PIB Press Release The Government proposes to set up a centralized system to monitor communications on mobile phones, landlines and the internet in the country. Centralized Monitoring System (CMS)...
Can any one give me a good and practical application of image processing or image tracking. I want to make a small paper on it.
I wish very Happy Eid-ul-Adha to all CEans ๐Ÿ˜€ .Eid-ul-adha is commonly call as Bakri Eid in India. To Read more about this festival Click Here . ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Sir, i wished to know that what TDCi engines in a automobile do? To be specific the word "common rail injection" is troubling me.. regards anumeha
need to find a copy ov camlink or camtek peps im not payin 11k 4 it as peps wanted as im a one man band its totally out ov my...