Windows Phone More Beautiful & Intuitive Than Android - Steve Wozniak

Apple Co-founder Steve Wozniak says that Windows Mobile Phone interface (he's using Nokia Lumia 900) is more beautiful and intuitive than android or IOS phones. He says that with Lumia 900, it feels like you're with a friend and not with a 'tool'. That's quite a 'comment' from the 'known geek' in the industry.

I'd like to ask our fellow CEans their opinion about the Windows mobile interface. Is it better than Android and the iOS?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That is indeed quite surprising. I have used windows phones once or twice and found the UI quite responsive. But only a regular user can tell the difference between these three.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I used a Samsung Windows phone today , and I should admit - it was awesome. The UI was fast, efficient and quick.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nokia Lumia 900 is winning hearts everywhere and Nokia might just gain the confidence people lost in it. I'd admit that Android is quite boring phone at least in terms of usability and overall appeal.
  • manishks
    manishks
    i also used samsung omnia. The metro ui makes windows phone experience awesome.. I find the dextop very good,its very different and userfriendly. Thumbnails helps user to manage most frequently used apps on dextop. Also windows phone is quite fast. There's a video on youtube ' i got smoked' which shows how windows os is different and better than other os! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    manishks
    Also windows phone is quite fast. There's a video on youtube ' i got smoked' which shows how windows os is different and better than other os! ๐Ÿ˜€
    *need to check it out*
  • manishks
    manishks
    durga
    *need to check it out*
    Search ' i got smoked by windows phone', you will find the video.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Now I am confused .. which should I go for, Android or Windows 7.5๐Ÿ‘€.
  • Reya
    Reya
    Agree with you all about the windows phone UI and it respond quickly. I was completely amazed after seeing the result of battery life test here. Nokia Lumia 900 (AT&T) battery life test is completed, results inside
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and Gigaom claims that the Windows Metro UI (they're promoting it on their mobile phones as well) will slowly kill Android. Agree or Disagree?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ..hmm will google still pay oracle 1B$???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    No, they won't.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The Windows phone team put a $100 challenge before the people that Windows Phone is simply faster at the everyday stuff they do on their smartphones.

They say it is only possible because Windows Phone has Live Tiles that show instant updates right on your Start screen. It is the same as using Mac OS because it lets you access all your applications from the home screen itself.

Take a look at this video here:

• manishks
    manishks
    AbraKaDabra
    The Windows phone team put a $100 challenge before the people that Windows Phone is simply faster at the everyday stuff they do on their smartphones.

They say it is only possible because Windows Phone has Live Tiles that show instant updates right on your Start screen. It is the same as using Mac OS because it lets you access all your applications from the home screen itself.

Take a look at this video here:

Exactly! Those live tiles excites me the most! I first saw the same video in a workshop by microsoft! And i was very very impressed. Then when i actually used one of my friends phone i got smoked by windows phone ๐Ÿ˜. Its definitly the next big thing and i do agree biggie its metro ui will slowly kill android!
  • bigbaby
    bigbaby
    I feel that both are for different kind of users. It just feels like a debate on linux and windows. After all android is on linux.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Even the OSX is derived from UNIX.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Get a android and use Launcher 7 app.๐Ÿ˜› It will turn android phone just like Mango OS and its very light. I am using it.
    these flying tiles looks really awesome. the full version will cost you just INR. 108.

here is screenshot of my phone
    SC20120523-221754
    ๐Ÿ˜ณforget to correct gmail caption
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    The verdict is out. The court did not find Google guilty of stealing Oracle's code or any copyright infringement in the case. Google walks free out of the courts.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google Drive debuted as the Dropbox and other cloud storage services killer with its larger storage (Skydrive offers more), cheaper pricing plans and tight integration with Google Docs (in fact,...
Looks like we've a month of cloud storage. With the launch of Google Drive service, the cloud storage market is getting crowded. People have been raising concerns over the privacy...
Hi! I am Aditya. I am currently a student in Indian Institute of Tech, Roorkee, India, pursuing B.Tech. in ECE.
Get ready to learn something good for this summer! I stumbled upon a best set of learning stuff for those who are interested in HTML5. These tutorials are from the...
Like my engineering field and like to become a capable engineer one day.